Author Topic: i have an EW 350 with incorrect gearbox which is marked as WG i need an RG  (Read 2796 times)

Offline LBHill

Currently restoring Douglas EW 350 1927 the gearbox i have is stamped WG thru research i believe i need an RG stamped gearbox to suit as the WG is wider for the frame & suits the 600 cc model,looking for parts in Australia,would be willing to swap,also need other parts to suit resto,interested in  any information,starting out all help would be appreciated.Lynden Tasmania 

Offline bruceb

Hi. I have a gearbox casing marked RG. It may not be what you want. There seems to be at least 2 different ones. This one has flat mounting points to attach it to the frame. The one I am using has the mounts curved in a half circle to fit on top of the frame tubes. If this one sounds of any use to you let me know your phone number and I will ring you about it.
regards, Bruce

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Bruce,

The gearbox shell you describe should be prefix RG/C, the 'C' denotes the improved mounting that clamps around the frame tubes.

RG/    original EW350, operating lever on rear side
RG/A  new bush and steel sleeve for low gear
RG/B  sliding gear ball plunger, no vent pipe, operating lever moved to front side.
RG/C  new mounting, clamps to frame tubes
RG/D  low ratios for competition work
RG/E  stronger kick start mechanism, coarser teeth
RG/F  close ratio
RG/G  gear 11875 solid, H3 model
RG/H  A31 model
RG/L  L29 & L3 models

Lynden, assuming you need a gearbox like the WG/ but for the narrower 350cc frame, then you are looking for a RG/C or later.

-Doug

motorcycle