Douglas - For Sale Items

Douglas 1913 Model P motorcycle

Douglas - Wanted Items

Douglas 1915 3 Spd-Gearbox and Clutch

Support & How to Join

Side Panel Notices

Quick Comments

Reminders, links to interesting topics, bump your own topic, quick comments or any short message of interest to members. Try it out!
Please note - 500 character current limit

Dave

Today at 01:04:34
Welcome to the new site!

Recommended viewing for a fast start...
 - Quick Tour of the Front Page
 - Quick Tour of the new Attachments

Please see the bottom post in this topic for more info.

identifying T35 cyl. barrels.

Started by george sutton, 02 Feb 2010 at 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic

george sutton

So where am i now ?. Once more needing advice from Eddie or other Knowledgeables.  Having complained bitterly to Cotswold classics on my problems with this bike since i bought it, they have today refunded some money for parts  i have had to buy to refurbish the cylinder heads. also they delivered two old dougie barrels that might help, from their box of bits.  I could hardly contain my excitment when i saw them, for i am sure they are proper M/C barrels.  OK then Eddie, description :-  1st. fin down from the cyl.hd. flange isall round but flats on the sides.  2nd. fin is cast in quarter sections. 3/4/&5th. fins are all round.  6th. fin is in quarter sections again. There is a strengthening web tween all fins on each side. The cyl.hd. flange is full gasket width.and the base flange is a stonger casting "buttressing" up the barrel body at the bottom.No tappet devider or even a hole  for one . The cyl.hd. stud holes are for 3/8 studs,and spaced differently, these could of course be plugged and redrilled.   Am i right in thinking then ,that what i have are mk3 barrels??  That lads was the good news.  upon sizeing the bores, i found the have already been bored to 2.435"(+40 "over size) and a bit scored.     Unless some has a usefull suggestion on what to do with these, my hope is to bore out my genny barrels for +.030" pistons.   One day, One day, maybe ill get to kick it over again.  Love to all, Denis.s