Author Topic: EW Valves  (Read 2494 times)

Offline bruceb

EW Valves
« on: 31 Jan 2010 at 18:46 »
Hello everyone. I wonder if  anyone has had the same problem as I have with replacement valves from the club for EW? The stem recess for the collets is slightly thicker than original. This means that with original collets and collar the collets will not locate properly. The stem needs to be turned down and the engineering works wants a small fortune to do it. Does anyone know if the replacement collets the club sells are a different size to fix the problem? They don't seem to sell collars for the EW. I have asked them about this but have no reply at this stage. Thanks, Bruce
This has now been read 68 times and no reply. Am I the only one who has had this problem?
I am getting desparate.

« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2010 at 18:30 by bruceb »

Offline oily bloke

Re: EW Valves
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2010 at 18:28 »
Hi Bruceb,

I have just bought valves & guides from the LDMCC (my post of today refers). I have yet to check the valves & collets but I will and will post the results as soon as I can.
Cheers
Andrew

Offline oily bloke

Re: EW Valves
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2010 at 13:38 »
Hi,
Yep mine are the same as yours. The collet recess on the standard valve is 6mm dead. The new valves are 6.3mm. I have yet to contact the spares scheme with this and I do not know if their new collets match the new valves.
Cheers
Andrew.