Author Topic: Wanted - Dragonfly parts  (Read 3838 times)

Offline videomovie

Wanted - Dragonfly parts
« on: 08 Jan 2010 at 18:09 »
Hello All,
This is a sad story of a running Dragonfly that was taken apart for restoration by a local shop - and 3 months later they went out of business, 'losing' lots of our precious parts in the process.  If anyone has any of the following, please let me know:
Set of valve guides (4) p/n 35537
Intake valves (2) p/n 35536
Exhaust valves (2) p/n 35536
Tappets (4) p/n 34546
Tappet guide (4) p/n 34545
Push rod (4) p/n SA1671
Set of +.020 pistons & rings
Set of cables (throttle, choke, clutch, brake etc)
Set of engine gaskets

I am in the US but my brother is in the UK and he will send the parts on to me.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Grant (Anaheim, Calif, USA)

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Wanted - Dragonfly parts
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2010 at 18:51 »
Hi Grant
     Are you a member of the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club? I believe that most if not all of the parts you are looking for are available new from Club Spares available only to members.
 As a Douglas owner you would find it beneficial to join to obtain access to many advantages of membership. These can be explored on the LDMCC website www.douglasmotorcycles.co.uk Chris.

Offline videomovie

Re: Wanted - Dragonfly parts
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2010 at 20:51 »
Hi Chris,
Yes, I am a member of the club.  The club's post war spares dept has a copy of my 'want list' but I am guessing they are rather busy as it has been 5 weeks with no reply (of course, Christmas also got in the way so I'm not complaining!).  As you say, let's hope the club can come up with all my missing bits in due course.
Grant