Author Topic: where did she get to ?  (Read 4022 times)

Offline george sutton

where did she get to ?
« on: 14 Nov 2009 at 16:52 »
In 1949 I bought a mk.3, 1948 model.   By 49, I had rebuilt Engine & g/box because of problems. this m/c KAR 225 served me for the next 8 years wonderfully .   while in the REMEin 1955 stationed at Taunton, she would transport me and a pal tween there and London on most weekends, doing it in only 4hrs (old roads).   she also, carried my wife ( practically born on a Brough) and my unborn Ist. babe till 8 months,   needles to say ,wife had the dual seat, while i sat forward on the tank, what wonderful days!   Hear then is why i have another now at 76.  BUT Please,  if anybody may have had KAR225 ,or  k now what happened to her i'd really would love to know. I had to sell her to Pride & clarks s/London in 1957.   George. S

Offline Brian

Re: where did she get to ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2009 at 22:01 »
Hi Denis,

I did a search for you with DVLA.  The registration KAR 225 is no longer active. It could of course be humming along
in Holland,or buzzing along in Belgium.
RIP Dougie, perchance.

Best Wishes
Brian

Offline Dawn

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2009 at 12:38 »
Sometimes in Old Bike Mart or the VMCC journals there is a section to advertise for where is she now.

You never know you may be able to trace one of the previous owners & could follow the trail.

Good luck in your search.

Offline george sutton

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2009 at 12:47 »
Hi Denis,

I did a search for you with DVLA.  The registration KAR 225 is no longer active. It could of course be humming along
in Holland,or buzzing along in Belgium.
RIP Dougie, perchance.

Best Wishes
Brian
    many thanks to Brian, and to Dawn, for your replys.  willdo as you suggest, and hope something turns up. Denis.