Author Topic: 7th National Veteran Motorcycle rally, Albany, Western Australia  (Read 10554 times)

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Hello folks
Well I have been flat out since getting back home from the rally a few days back, and haven't had the chance to upload any pictures yet, but will soon - promise! In the meantime there is a link to an interactive website that has lots of pictures - of Douglases, as well as other assorted riff-raff! Seriously, there were some fabulous machines at the rally - there is also a short video of some of the rally.
http://www.aysemart.com/rally/
Have fun!
Cheers, Graeme

Offline Dirt Track

G'day Graeme
Glad to hear you all got home safely....
What a great rally Albany was.....such a shame we have to wait another 2 years for the next!
I have attached a couple of photos of Douglas machines....I think they all performed well.
I believe there has been a flurry of bikes being sold after the rally (not veterans) so people can buy a veteran for the next rally!
I would like a good 2 3/4HP veteran Douglas myself as a backup bike for the National Rally.
Howard.

« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009 at 20:06 by Dave »

Offline Ian

• Master Member
What was the decision on venue for the next one ? I was most disappointed to miss Albany and not looking forward to the two year wait !

Offline Carl.M

Hi,

The next Veteran National Rally (in 2011) will be at Kingaroy QLD, most likely around September, this was decided at the Wednesday lunch time meeting in Albany.

The following Rally in 2013 was proposed to be around Bathhurst NSW.

Cheers

Carl (the middle Dougie in the photo of 5 above).

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Hi,

The next Veteran National Rally (in 2011) will be at Kingaroy QLD, most likely around September, this was decided at the Wednesday lunch time meeting in Albany.

The following Rally in 2013 was proposed to be around Bathhurst NSW.

Cheers

Carl (the middle Dougie in the photo of 5 above)

Hello All anyone attending the Kingaroy rally can be assured of a ripper rally. The Kingaroy Branch of the Historic M/C Club run a very successful  rally there every year on mostly quiet country roads. And being the Peanut capital of the world an unlimited supply of peanuts is usually available. I was fortunate to get a box for my 17 4hp (Gatton Swap) so lets hope being only an hour plus from my place I can attend.   regards Alan

Quote repaired - Dave, 14th Nov 2009
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2009 at 19:33 by Dave »

Offline Ian

• Master Member
Sounds great - pity my veterans are not Douglas - might have to work on that  :!: