Author Topic: Cylinder head  (Read 5428 times)

Offline wilf

Cylinder head
« on: 16 Sep 2009 at 00:01 »
last weekend I had a major problem with my B23 4 hp. Serious engine noises revealed a broken con rod which had managed to punch it's way through the top of the engine casing and pushed the rear the piston through the head  and bent the crankshaft.  I think I can salvage the piston, I have a crankshaft and con rod which will do the job but I am looking for a cylinder head, I could exchange a one piece barrel and head from a 4 1/4 hp.  many thanks for any suggestions.
Wilf (Canberra)  
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2009 at 14:37 by Doug »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: Cylimder head
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2009 at 08:47 »
Hello Wilf, I probably have the bits you need if you can't find bits close to home as the postage would be a bit steep. I normally meet a mate from Orange who may come up to the Gatton Swap 24 Oct. If you could wait that long. Think there may be a motor less Mag Flywheel Manfold etc just give me a list.
.  regards Alan

Offline wilf

Re: Cylinder head
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2009 at 10:07 »
Hi Alan I really appreciate your prompt response and kind offer, I would certainly arrange for any freight and costs etc.. However an option a little closer to home has popped up which would certainly make it more timely particularly since I am attempting to prepare the bike for the "Girder fork" run on 24th Oct as you can appreciate I am running out of time. With your permission I would like to get back to you if the local option does not work out  for any reason.
My kind regards.
Wilf

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2009 at 08:38 »
Yes no worries

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2009 at 09:50 »
Hello Wilf, Haven't received your pers email. But all the bits you require rear head crank and usable barrels available.  Alan

Offline wilf

Re: Cylinder head
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2009 at 11:18 »
Hi Alan  I must have taken down your personal email incorrectly as it keeps being returned. I will phone you in the morning (Wed)>
Many thanks for assisting
Wilf