Author Topic: How to Post Photos and Videos  (Read 18402 times)

Online Dave

• Administrator
How to Post Photos and Videos
« on: 20 Nov 2004 at 20:24 »
How to post your photos

There are four ways to include pictures in your post or attach a file.

1  Attachments

This is the fastest method and quite easy, providing the file size of the image is 4000KB or less, or you are able to reduce the file size of your image to 4000KB or less. At the bottom of the posting window you'll see an Attach window like this

(Please note, the restriction shown in the image is out of date. It is now 2000KB per file with a maximum of 5 per post)

For full details, please see - How to add Photos and other files to your message in the Help section.

2  Email

This is the easiest, but may take up to 12 hours to be added to your post.
Please send your photos to the address shown in this topic and we will post it for you. Photos can be any file size.

3  Uploading to your own webspace or server

If you have your own webspace with your ISP, or access to a server, this takes a bit more time but gives you more control over how your photos are displayed. It requires FTP software and some technical expertise. Please see - How to add Photos and other files to your message in the Help section.

4  Displaying a photo from another web site

Use right click > Properties to get the URL of the photo as it appears on the other site. You can highlight the Address (URL) with your mouse and use control+c to copy it. Please see - How to add Photos and other files to your message in the Help section for details on how to add it to your post.

Please be sure to acknowledge the source of the photo with a clickable link to the website.

Updated details for emailing photos - Dave, 11Feb2021
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021 at 19:09 by Dave »

Online Dave

• Administrator
How to post videos
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2008 at 10:59 »
How to post your videos

You can now post a video to display within your message like this...

Douglas MkV/Dragonfly Sprint

How is this done?

Here are the basic steps.

1. If you're not already a member, join YouTube by opening an account

2. Upload your video to YouTube

3. Copy the YouTube URL for the video from the top line of your browser

4. Paste it into your message

4. Save your message. That's it. The video will display within your post.

Additional steps

It's helpful for other members if you also copy the title of the video from YouTube and paste it above the video link as you see in the above example. This allows other members to find the page on YouTube should they wish to read more.

Another helpful step is to include the word "Video" in your message subject to help those people who are searching for videos of Douglas motorcycles.

Here are some other topics which feature YouTube videos...

Vintage motorcycle videos

Idiot with no idea!

Triumph Rocket III ad on YouTube

YouTube Best Formats for Uploading

These guidelines can be found here.

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

* Video Format: MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid)
    * Resolution: 640x480 pixels
    * Audio Format: MP3
    * Frames per second: 30
    * Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
    * Maximum file size: 1 GB

If you have any queries about posting videos, please post a message below.

Dave
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2009 at 00:07 by Dave »

Offline Lat Fuller

Re: How to Post Photos and Videos
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2016 at 06:53 »
Hello Dave
I am afraid that I am completely lost in this forum.  I have in the past successfully posted messages and photos - but now no longer.   Has something changed ?   (i)   I cannot find out how to post a photo even having read this.  (ii)  Messages require me to send them to a specific member - but I want to send a general enquirey to all members, how do I do this, it keeps deleting my message and saying no addressee.  This is all very frustrating. Rgds Lat

Online Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2016 at 15:32 »
Hi Lat,

I replied to your email about 2.35pm yesterday but for some reason, it hasn't arrived in your inbox. So here is another copy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Lat,

At the bottom of the Posting window you will see the words “Attachments and other options” with a white on black cross next to it.
Please click on the black cross so it exposes the hidden controls underneath.

Then click on Choose File and select the file from your hard drive.
Just repeat the process if you have more than one photo.

If it is still not working for you, please describe what you see or attach a screen snip and I’ll try to sort it out for you.

All the best, Dave
www.douglasmotorcycles.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lat, if the above instructions aren't working for you, please send your photos to the address shown in this topic.

I notice the instructions in the first post need updating as they refer to an earlier version of the software. My apologies for the difficulty and frustration this has caused.

All the best, Dave

Updated details for emailing photos - Dave, 11Feb2021
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021 at 19:10 by Dave »

Offline veikko1

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2021 at 20:49 »
Hello Dave
I try sent some pictures with attach system., but it did`nt go. (it was jpg mode) It come this notices:

Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

Regards veikko1

Online Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2021 at 21:50 »
Hello veikko,

This error message can occur for many reasons and it is usually not due to any anything wrong with your photos. We hope it will be fixed in the next version of the software due some time later this year.
In the meantime, please write the text of your message and post it in the forum without the photos. Then email your photos to the address shown in this topic. We will then add the photos to your message.

regards, Dave