Author Topic: Second National Douglas Rally Canberra 2008  (Read 10853 times)

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Second National Douglas Rally Canberra 2008
« on: 05 Oct 2008 at 06:05 »
Congratulations to all involved in what appears to have been a successful and enjoyable Rally. The selection of photos taken by Peter Davey and sent to me by email is much appreciated and shows the diversity of our favourite machines up and running in Australia. I'm sorry I could not be with you all.   Chris.

Offline pjondeck

Re: Second National Douglas Rally Canberra 2008
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2008 at 08:06 »
Congratulations to all involved in what appears to have been a successful and enjoyable Rally. The selection of photos taken by Peter Davey and sent to me by email is much appreciated and shows the diversity of our favourite machines up and running in Australia. I'm sorry I could not be with you all.   Chris.
Thank you Chris
The dynamics of the Douglas group is not like any other that I have experienced. It was not a large group, 20 machines, but the camaraderie was wonderful and made the effort abundantly worthwhile.
I wish I could claim credit for the photographs on the website,  http://www.vvcmcc.org/ ,but cannot. They were taken by my home club professional photographer Steve Keough. He keeps a fantastic record of our endeavours.
Once again
Thanks and cheers
PeterD

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2008 at 20:58 »
I too, not being able to attend, very much appreciated seeing the pictures from the rally. I hope to make it back in future, so keep the annual Australian Douglas rally alive!

-Doug

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2008 at 23:52 »
It was a really good event - thanks in no small part to Peter's efforts !! Hopefully we have started something really good here and it will grow over time.