Author Topic: My TS/23 2-3/4HP  (Read 7080 times)

Offline nev2

My TS/23 2-3/4HP
« on: 07 Sep 2008 at 03:14 »
As a new member of Douglasmotorcycles.net I thought I’d post a photo of my TS/23 2 3/4HP Douglas. I’ve had this bike for 25 years and while I did ride it twice 20 years ago (it went really well) I haven’t ridden it since. I am the third owner of this bike (from new) and it while it is in need of some TLC, it is basically original and to the best of my knowledge has not ever been pulled apart. I live in Adelaide now and it was sold in Adelaide by Gard Bros. the Douglas dealers at the time. In fact, if you look closely at the tank you might still be able to make out the Gard Bros. painted on it (as they did on the bikes they sold). If anyone can help me locate some parts for it, that would be great. I need a new exhaust and drive belt (and a few other bits).

« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2008 at 21:52 by Dave »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: My TS/23 2-3/4HP
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:08 »
Hello Nev, As mentioned in the past but too far back to find many of us up this way with 2 and 3/4 have fitted C section 78 inch endless belts. They can be fitted by removing the rear stay and stand and not using a joining link. It would be necessary to fit a 1/2 link in the primary chain to get the gearbox in the right position. The belt will be a little tight at first but will stretch and for one thing no broken joining link and no slip. Cost would be around $30 and available agricultural and machinery outlets???????? Alan