Author Topic: Douglas Dragonfly Manaul  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Radiofree

Douglas Dragonfly Manaul
« on: 11 Aug 2008 at 08:59 »
Hi
I have bought a Dragonfly in a very, very sorry state. I have a parts book, but is there a manual available?
thanks
Doug

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Douglas Dragonfly Manaul
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2008 at 11:55 »
Hi Doug,
              LDMCC postwar spares can help with a reprint of the original handbook that was supplied with the Dragonfly.
                                        Regards,
                                                  Eddie.

Offline Radiofree

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2008 at 08:05 »
Eddie
thanks. I will follow up. Do you know if that is a getting by, starter manual or a full manual? I think I need the latter, due to my ignorance of 1950s bikes.
Also as the frame and the bike are usually the same colour, looking at the photos on the site, has anyone got a view on powder coating or is the view to spray paint? I usually use powder coat on my later bikes as the frame were almost always black and the rest was then spray painted in cellulose based paint.
Any views welcome, a novice.
Does anyone have the details of the paint schemes used also?
doug

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2008 at 08:00 »
Hi Doug
    The Dragonfly owner's maintenance manual is quite comprehensive covering riding instructions, lubrication, running adjustments and servicing, complete overhaul details including stripping and reassembly of engine and gearbox and culminates in detailed fault finding advice.
  For  details of paint schemes and colours for the Dragonfly see my posting in response to a query from Susanne dated 21st May 2008. Chris.