Author Topic: Douglas MK4 1950.  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Marcello

Douglas MK4 1950.
« on: 24 Apr 2008 at 08:06 »
Hello all:

My name is Marcello and live in Spain.
Is my first time in this Forun.
And is a my first motorbike, a Douglas MK4 1950.
The motorbike required some restauration. For this, I need many information.
I need your help and information, for example the workshop manuals, maintenance, spare parts, exploded views, etc.
And specially your advices.
Thank you very much.

Marcello.

Offline KiwiJohn

Re: Douglas MK4 1950.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2008 at 10:06 »
Welcome Marcello.
I am sure you will find all the advice and information you require here on this forum. 

I would like to suggest you contact the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club, they have a website, which is an excellent source of information and spare parts. Some members of the LDMCC post here too.

John
New Zealand

Offline Marcello

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2008 at 11:03 »
Welcome Marcello.
I am sure you will find all the advice and information you require here on this forum. 

I would like to suggest you contact the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club, they have a website, which is an excellent source of information and spare parts. Some members of the LDMCC post here too.

John
New Zealand

Thank you John.
I will make contact with the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club.

Marcello.

Offline Brian

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2008 at 15:19 »
Welcome Marcello,
As you will find, this is a really great "forum".There is a wealth of real experienceand practical advice available.
 I recommend to you the   "Mark Series Maintenace Guide" posted on this Forum by John Holmes.You will find it in "Reference" section ;then go to "Technicall Articles". John has written a thorough guide to be read in conjunction with the "Spares List for 1947 -1953 Mark Models" and the Maintenance Manual.These will provide you with explanatory drawings and exploded views of parts in relation to each other.
The Spares List and Manual are both available as reprints and Manual on CD (ebay at the moment) .

Best Wishes and enjoy the Mark IV

Brian

Offline Marcello

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2008 at 21:22 »
..... I recommend to you the   "Mark Series Maintenace Guide" posted on this Forum by John Holmes.You will find it in "Reference" section.....Brian

Hi Brian:

I download "Mark Series Maintenace Guide" by John Holmes.
I will look for "The Spares List and Manual", reprint or CD. In Internet, Ebay per example.
Now, I start to enjoy the MarK IV with your restauration, and after to enjoy your driving.
Thank you very much.

Marcello.

Edit 25/04/2008: Quote tags modified to salient point.  A.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2008 at 22:48 by alwyn »