Author Topic: Some action photos of racing!  (Read 8007 times)

Offline reggiepink

Some action photos of racing!
« on: 04 Jan 2008 at 17:01 »
These are some pictures of my grandfather racing back in 1927. I have thousands more plus all the documentation of almost every douglas imported into the us in the late 20s. I will post more cool pictures soon. Jay

« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2008 at 20:54 by Dave »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Some action photos of racing!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2008 at 10:26 »
Great shots Jay - I look forward to seeing more.
Graeme

Offline jaiboni

• Douglas is an Dream machine that comes true
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2008 at 07:20 »

Hello jay
thanks for showing us the great history pictures ,all of them are amazing ,youll can see the great power
of the bike and its rider on the steep hill on one whell in the air ; please show some more of the pictures .

in our realigion when we workship the god you have to say jay to it allways , it has many many meanings ,
really jay is an strong devine energy thanks again
jaiboni
OM NAMO NARAYNA
JAI MATA DI
OM SAI BABA

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2008 at 01:04 »
The second picture appeared in an issue of the factory publication The ConRod; a few pages of which were reprinted in The New ConRod magazine, Sept-Oct 1980 (including the page with the image above), which is where I saw it. 

The issue of the original ConRod is not identified, but there is mention of rebuilding the enamel shop, so it is believed shortly after the disastrous fire of March 1927. The only disparity is the forks seem to be strutted in these historic views, and presently the 750cc machine is fitted with normal (un-strutted) forks. The caption identified it as Reggie Pink, at Muskegon, Michigan. It would seem he submitted a copy to the Works, and they used it in their magazine.

-Doug