Author Topic: I AM THE NEW OWNER OF THE GREAT GREAT BIKE WITH GREAT MEMBERS SO CHEERS  (Read 10123 times)

Offline jaiboni

• Douglas is an Dream machine that comes true
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :) RESPECTED ALL OF THE GREAT MEMBERS HI  & HELLO
I AM STAYING IN INDIA  PUNE  AS I HAVE GOT THE GREAT BIKE ,SO PLEASE HELP ME THAT WHICH MODEL IS IT AND ITS YEAR , THE BIKE IS GOOD IN THE RUNNING CONDITION ,AND SOME  OF WORK TO BE DONE TO IT .
REGARDS  & THANKS
DEVNANI W RAJESH
JAIBONI

« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2007 at 01:29 by Dave »
OM NAMO NARAYNA
JAI MATA DI
OM SAI BABA

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Jaiboni,

You have a 1929 350cc model B29. New for that year, it was a heavy version of the 350cc EW model intended for the colonial market or service in rough conditions. It did not meet the 200lb weight limit, and was not eligible for the special road tax of 30/- in the UK. It was one of the first Douglas models with a saddle tank, and also new that year was the oil contained in a cast aluminum sump below the engine, and a recirculating oil system rather than total loss.  The model was continued in 1930 and 31, but with a center stand rather than a rear wheel stand as you have.

-Doug

P.S. For some reason, the petrol tank transfer has been applied in reverse, which I did not realize could be done. As the flywheel is shown on the proper left-hand side, it is not a case of the entire image being mirrored.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2007 at 01:32 by Doug »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
I'm a bit confused here - is the B29 the only Douglas made with the flywheel and primary on the right hand side of the machine? :? I know I have seen a couple of B29s over the years, but I can't balieve that I didn't notice this detail before!

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Graeme,

That was my fault, I uploaded the image in reverse. It has now been corrected, but you may have to refresh the page to see the new image. As Doug pointed out, the Douglas tank transfer has somehow been applied in reverse.

Dave

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Thanks Dave and Doug
Easy to see how the original image was reversed with the transfer reversed on the tank - very odd! Of course a re-paint of the tank in the correct colours could see this issue corrected at the same time.

Offline KiwiJohn

I am going to ask a really silly question now..."Is the fuel filler usually on the left of the tank?" :roll:

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
Hi I like the modern clutch basket that has been grafted on the face of the flywheel that would be nice spinning near your toes Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Quote from: KiwiJohn
Is the fuel filler usually on the left of the tank?

On the B29 it was.

-Doug

Offline jaiboni

THANKS WITH GREAT MEMBERS
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2007 at 09:32 »

RESPECTED MEMBERS THANKS TO ALL OF THEM FOR THE GREAT HELP
WHICH YOUUL HAVE PROVIDED ME

SPECIAL RESPECT TO
 :lol:-Doug
 :D- KIWI JOHN
 :)- DAREN
 :wink:-GRAEME
 8)- DAVE
 :lol: - DOUG U ALL OF FULL OR GREAT KNOWLEDGE & ALLWAYS HELPFULL TO OTHERS ALSO MEMBERS
SORRY FOR MY LITTEL ENGLISH

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2007 at 22:59 by Dave »
OM NAMO NARAYNA
JAI MATA DI
OM SAI BABA

Offline KiwiJohn

On the B29 it was.

-Doug

I am relieved to hear that Doug,  I have been scratching my head wondering how someone might have somehow assembled the engine and installed it in the frame back to front, plus of course the chain drive and rear wheel, now I almost do believe the tank transfers are on in  mirror image. :mrgreen:

Offline jaiboni

Jaiboni,

You have a 1929 350cc model B29. New for that year, it was a heavy version of the 350cc EW model intended for the colonial market or service in rough conditions. It did not meet the 200lb weight limit, and was not eligible for the special road tax of 30/- in the UK. It was one of the first Douglas models with a saddle tank, and also new that year was the oil contained in a cast aluminum sump below the engine, and a recirculating oil system rather than total loss.  The model was continued in 1930 and 31, but with a center stand rather than a rear wheel stand as you have.

-Doug

P.S. For some reason, the petrol tank transfer has been applied in reverse, which I did not realize could be done. As the flywheel is shown on the proper left-hand side, it is not a case of the entire image being mirrored.

8) :lol:RESPECTED  DOUG THANKS FOR HELPING ME  :lol: :D
ALL THESE DAYS I WAS BLANK  , BUT BECAUSE OF YOURS HELP I AM FULL  WITH SOME OF THE KNOWLEDGETO IT
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE MEMBERS WHOO ALL OF THEM HAVE HELPED ME
REGARDS GREEITINGS
DEVNANI W RAJESH

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2007 at 21:35 by Dave »
OM NAMO NARAYNA
JAI MATA DI
OM SAI BABA

motorcycle