Author Topic: Wish me luck, 1926 EW parts needed.  (Read 8110 times)

Offline macka

Wish me luck, 1926 EW parts needed.
« on: 13 Sep 2007 at 11:52 »
Hello

I need lots of parts to get this old girl going so I may as well start now. Its a 1926 EW and Im looking for an Engine, Gearbox, Guards and complete Wheels or hubs. Hava a look at the photo and if you have anything for this model please let me know.

Thanks, Macka.

« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2007 at 07:19 by Dave »

Offline bazza

Re: Wish me luck, 1926 EW parts needed.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2007 at 21:55 »
Hi,Icanhelp you out with a complete gearbox,also cylinder barrels bored out to 80 thou oversize and pistons 40 thou oversize.Send me an email if they are any use to you.
Regards Bazza.

Offline macka

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2007 at 22:43 »
Thank you, PM sent.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2007 at 08:01 »
Heh Macka, The Gatton swap coming up Fri 26 and Sat 27 Oct I am considering taking the other basket case EW 27/28 that I offered to Bazza, think I still have the pics in my pictures. It is the model with the tubular gearbox base not the slots. The frame is powder coated and some plating done ready for fitting motor but wheels are incomplete brakes and drums. Not interested in going through the freight drama again so if only slightly interested send me an email.   SOLD.    Anyone interested in a 2and 3/4 Veteran Doug I think my mate Des is also taking a surplus restored one to Gatton also. regards Al  PS by the way your frame is not a 26 by the tubular gearbox mount careful you dont get the wrong box that doesnt have the tubular base mounts. The internal mainshaft is also different.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2007 at 09:42 by Alan Cun »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2007 at 10:16 »
Gee that was quick Glen the pics are on the way I will reassemble the bits take a more up to date separte pic for you tomorrow. By the way Adam although not always attending Gatton Swap usually has someone selling his well made replica guards. regards Al.                        PS Had a query on what I meant by the differences in mainshaft to EW gearboxes. On the first boxes with the slot adjustment holes in the frame with prefix RG the way of holding in gear is that the internal box lever has 3 dimples on it, sort of quadrant shape. You will note above the Doug spanner size filler plug is the breather plug and pipe and within is a spring loaded plunger to locate the 3 dimples on the quadrant. Now here is the difference on the sliding rail box prefix RG C the quadrant was discarded and 3 locating dimples located on the mainshaft. Within the sliding gear is then a spring loaded ball that locates the dimples on the shaft. Now when it comes to the EW 600, E 29, S &T 6 the prefix WG the sliding base tracks are about 1/4 inch further apart. Not sure when but around S6 less but bigger teeth were  fitted on the kick start quadrant. Also around this period the housing had a longer kickstart shaft bush and shaft. Close inspection on the three pieces of gear boxes should show matching casting numbers. As far as I know all three types of gearboxes have the same number of gear teeth from box to box for RG, RGC, and WG. I think my D28 and D29 boxes have the same ratios. I realize there could be other special boxes.   Will track down the relevant parts and take some pics. Al

« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2007 at 23:48 by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2007 at 23:49 »
Photo added to above post.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2007 at 07:35 »
Thanks Dave,    Think the pics explain most of what I was talking about. One thing that has cropped up is the thread form on the inside kickstart ratchet nut. Yes there occurrs a coarse or fine thread form. Dont know why???? One thing I will mention is I am passing on to Maccka a basket case EW with about the same quantity of parts as I passed on to Bazza so he also will be looking for some clutch and brake bits if any one can (even broken or bent bits) as he assures me he has the trade qualifications to make the missing bits from a pattern.  regards Al

Offline macka

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2007 at 11:13 »
Thanks to everyone who has contacted me and a special mension to Alan Cun for all his help.

Macka.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2007 at 00:50 »
Alan,

Ah, the detent arrangement changed. I did notice the shift arm exited the box to the back on the early models, and then exited the front(without really knowing the reasons why) when they altered the mounting arrangement to clamp around the frame tubes.

By the way, did you know there are three versions of the 1925-26 trans mount? They continued to add metal around the tapped holes, apparently breakages being a fault. Clamping around the frame tubes was the solution, though then the cast alloy clamp is the item often found fractured. Often found replaced by a home-made flat plate clamp of 1/4" steel!

-Doug
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2007 at 02:18 by Doug »