Author Topic: First Post  (Read 4609 times)

Offline carcrank

• Carcrank A day in the life of an old car tragic
First Post
« on: 11 Jul 2007 at 12:07 »
Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking a while and have just taken delivery of a 1924 TS so its time to introduce myself. I am a bit of a car nut and have wanted a veteran bike to go on the 1 & 2 Cylinder car rallies and particularly wanted a  Douglas but that was not to be and I ended up with an 1917 Emblem instead however the guy I bought the Emblem from also had this 1924 Douglas so bought both of them!

I don't know the history of the bike but the first job will be to get club registration so I can take it for a spin, I will try to attach a couple of pictures.

Regards

Mark McKibbin

« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2007 at 07:05 by Dave »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2007 at 22:11 »
Hello Mark,     Welcome to the forum and if there is one thing we like to see is pics of other members machines. I think you have made a very good purchase. Every part of the bike appears to be correct, and it looks like it is ready to hit the road.  Maybe it is a small world, but many years ago a car club member here in Qld too had an Emblem and a TS Douglas.   I see you are a Citroen fan. There is a chap I know in the town up the road (Peter Huth at Gayndah) who has probably Austs biggest collection of, (mostly restored) Citroens.   anyway welcome ,       regards Al
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2007 at 02:29 by Alan Cun »

Offline carcrank

• Carcrank A day in the life of an old car tragic
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2007 at 00:13 »
Hello Alan,

My Emblem originally came from Qld so its more than likely the same bike, it has all sorts of dubious work work done by the original restorer, for instance the front forks are from something else but they have had a fake Emblem Badge bonded to them! I suppose pre internet who would know the difference. It was also dated as a 1911, the guy I bought it of dated it as a 1917 and I think it may be newer again....no factory numbers available  for Emblems.  I have attached a photo to see if anyone can identify the forks?

The "Gayndah Boys" as they are know in the Citroen community  certainly do own at least one but usually more of every type of Citroen, I'm a bit more catholic in my tastes, life is too short for just one band.

Mark
PS sorry about the non Douglas picture

« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2007 at 07:07 by Dave »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2007 at 01:56 »
Yes Mark,   I did believe the Emblem  was a product from I think it was Lionel D who has probably long since passed on. I do know his full name but will not publish.   I dont think the Doug would have come from him as the one he had was described to me as being a veteran frame and having a circa 25 TS motor and consisting of parts from all TS models. Can we thank Dave for enhancing the pics you have posted, they seem a lot clearer than the original posting. Al