Author Topic: Belt rims  (Read 9309 times)

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Belt rims
« on: 25 Jun 2007 at 04:34 »
Well, I tried calling the chap in NZ, mentioned a while back as a source for belt rims. He told me he doesn't make them - in fact he said he wouldn't even know what a belt rim looks like! :roll: So no joy there. He does make wheel rims however.
So I am intending to make enquiries in the UK. I was wondering if anyone else is looking for a belt rim for a 3 1/2 or 4 hp Douglas? Maybe the price will be a bit less if a few are ordered, rather than a one-off. I have a rim to send as a pattern for copying.

Offline Dirt Track

Re: Belt rims
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2007 at 08:28 »
G'day Graeme
Try Ken Blake in the UK....his brother was / is a metal spinner hance all the brake rims, wheel rims and belt rims produced over the years.
He can be contacted via Ron Farthing or look him up in the VMCC of UK members list.
He used to send all this sort of stuff out to his son-in-law up in Queensland a while ago but I  am not sure if there was a good market for it over here.
Howard.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2007 at 09:02 »
Hello Graeme, and Howard, Yes I just did a reply but lost it.  Sorry about the NZ contact I gave. Yes that chap in Bris out Wynnum way used to advertise in just bikes, used to sell blanks,( Saw him at Maleny Swap in March)and also narrow BE tyres for vet Dougs. My mate Des said he saw another mate Col R showing some blanks from NZ so maybe there is another trader over there , ring me if you want his full name. I am sure if they are made Aust or Nz there will be a huge price difference to UK prices. There is a chap up this way making split rims for vintage cars but so far we cant sway him into bike rims, but I will try again at the Nambour car swap in 5 weeks time.  regards Al
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2007 at 07:47 by Alan Cun »

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2007 at 16:40 »
Hi Graeme
     Willem Pol in the Netherlands is a supplier of belt rims and in his little catalogue of various parts he supplies for vintage and veteran motorcycles, he includes a sketch of the dimensions to be supplied for a belt rim to be made to order. I purchased my last 2.3/4hp belt rim from Willem and he delivered this to the Pioneer Run together with rims for other riders.
      Willem's address is Eikenlaan 5. 9331 Norg. Holland. Tel/fax 00.31.592 612486   Chris.

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2007 at 01:20 »
Thanks fellas
I'll let you know how I get on
Graeme

Offline MichielH

• homepage of the dutch VMC
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2007 at 08:42 »
Hi all,

If anyone wants the emailadress of Willem Pol, just send me a PM. As Willem is not a member of this forum, I don't want to post it here for security reasons.....

regards,

Michiel

Offline Domas

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2018 at 07:13 »
What is the diameter of the brake rim and how wide is it? For my 2 3/4 HP.