Author Topic: propstands for T35  (Read 4244 times)

Offline tck

• old racer
propstands for T35
« on: 27 May 2007 at 10:21 »
As if I have not got enough problems with the EW I have just purchased a T35 with woffle box for my wife (with 29" leg its perfect for her to ride starts easily not too fast etc etc) but there is one problem. I have nearly had a hernier puting it on its stand and unlike a MK5 I had with high level pipes there is no room to fit a clamp up propstand (not that the clamps ever held for long ) I have ordered a wide stand from the club (if they have any) but I expect that huge heave will remain-has anyone ever solved it :question:?

Offline KiwiJohn

Re: propstands for T35
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2007 at 06:34 »
Yes,  I made a side stand for my 80 Plus, it is not the most elegant thing but seems to do the job.  It was not really hard to do,  I started by bending a strip of 1/4 steel so that with a hole drilled near one end it could be bolted to the engine mount bolt with a horizontal piece extending out over the exhaust pipe.  I welded a packing piece that was tapped to accept a short bolt screwed down through the crash bar mounting lug.  The strip was then bent downwards at about 45 degrees and a stand arm pivoted on it.

The stand comes down OK  and is of course outside the exhaust pipe, when it is up the foot is close to the carb bowl.  Sorry, but my photographs did not really work out.

« Last Edit: 30 May 2007 at 04:27 by Dave »