Author Topic: Copying by printer  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Copying by printer
« on: 21 May 2007 at 10:40 »
Hello All    Dont know what forum rules are regarding printing articles but anything I put in  I have no objection to its use for personal or pass on to a friend use Dont know if you experienced the problem I had on the 2 and 3/4 story but the top 3 lines were left out and 4 pages printed.    I then tried the print on the top of article near  reply, notify of reply, etc and yes all the text  no pictures. keep trying  regards Al

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
  • Location: Late of Encounter Bay, South Coast, South Australia
Re: Copying by printer
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2007 at 13:48 »
Hi Alan,
There are a couple of ways to print a topic.

(1) You can print a topic by using the right click context menu - right click your mouse over any posting in a topic and select print review - this shows what will be printed - from the toolbar on the preview page select a number of pages to view - note that images will be shown in the preview and printed by this method - next send it to your printer by selecting the printer icon at the left hand end of the toolbar - what you see in the preview will be printed.

(2) Above the Google advertisements at the beginning of a topic there is a grey area which has the number of web pages (not print pages) in the topic at its left hand end - at the right hand end there is a 'Print' button - left mouse click on this button and you will see a simplified preview of the whole topic - note that images are not shown and will not be printed - the print button/icon on the preview tool bar has a drop down menu - from here you can select to send it directly to your printer or you can select to see another preview which is similar to that in method 1 above - proceed as in method 1.

Hope this helps.

Alwyn

PS If you wish to print just one posting of a topic the easiest way I know is to highlight (click and drag) what you wish to print, then copy and paste it to Notepad or MS Word if you wish to format it, and print it in the usual way from the chosen application.  A.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007 at 13:57 by alwyn »
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.