Author Topic: EW Parts  (Read 8497 times)

Offline bazza

EW Parts
« on: 02 May 2007 at 04:26 »
Hi,I'm looking for a sight feed assy; also clutch lever;throttle,advance & retard levers,and I think its called a compression lever,also looking for wheels and front and rear also brake assemblies including drums and finally clutch assemblies I have the flywheel all for my EW restoration

Bazza
« Last Edit: 12 May 2007 at 02:27 by bazza »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: EW Parts
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2007 at 08:23 »
Hello Bazza        Try this , need the brake bands with splined cotton reels for EW to H3 models( complete with alloy back plates and springs even better). Also a complete flywheel clutch assembly with centre or outer pin locking, EW to H3. Your price paid.    Try Swap Shop Wangaratta for some other items Barry Hartnell knows Dougs is a personal friend since his sons were in primary school, tell him what you want he attends all swaps and looks out for items for people, his Add towards last pages Just bikes.Yes it will cost, its his living. He has the reverse levers.   Forget the valve lifter lever it was discontinued as an unneeded accessory later models.      Also try  Bills Bikes Adelaide way, Try Maddocks NZ (I think). join the LDMCC.   There is at least another Doug owner in your town( M Kelly) another member in a nearby town also. Introduce yourself talk Douglas .  But a friendly bit of advice dont rush in with a big shopping list at first meeting you may give the impression you are in and out for a quick buck. regards Al
« Last Edit: 13 May 2007 at 01:26 by Alan Cun »

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007 at 09:07 »
Hello All    Got a personal  email from Bazza today for that basket case that changed hands between me and him he says the shopping is going OK.       Now Bazza desperately needs  Alloy drip feed oiler for his tank top,    Now he would prefer it complete with bezel and adjusting thimble as well as the long pipe legs to fit EW tank.    But I beleive he would settle for anything TS to E29.   I reckon he would pay around $30  or your price, got a spare one h-e-l-p     regards Al

Offline bazza

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2007 at 19:58 »
Hi Alan,I must have not exlained myself properly its the valve that fits in to the cylinder barrel that comes from the manual pump I have the other thing that belongs to the sight feed (Ithink)

Bazza

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2007 at 23:07 »
Yes Bazza I see what you mean the check valve on the front cylinder a smaller thread on the EW, think Doug said he had made some replicas of both. Try him on his return to the USA.  The drip feed oiler I referred to is an egg cup shaped alloy with a watch face that looks at you from the top of the tank, have you a complete good one.  Al

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2007 at 03:24 »
I've made and still have some of the larger non-return valves for the big twins that have a 7/16-20 thread into the front cylinder. The 350cc EW uses something similar, but the lower housing is extended to clear the cylinder hold down nut, and the thread is 5/16-25. I only made two of the 350EW type and gave the other away, but could provide a drawing if you are going to have one made.

-Doug

Offline bazza

« Reply #6 on: 05 Jun 2007 at 04:49 »
I've made and still have some of the larger non-return valves for the big twins that have a 7/16-20 thread into the front cylinder. The 350cc EW uses something similar, but the lower housing is extended to clear the cylinder hold down nut, and the thread is 5/16-25. I only made two of the 350EW type and gave the other away, but could provide a drawing if you are going to have one made.

-Doug
  Hi Doug,Yes please I would appreciate that thankyou Bazza

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun 2007 at 01:56 »
Here are the drawings. Below each is a link to a PDF version (Requires Adobe Acrobat) that you may find easier to print.

Downloadable PDF file

Downloadable PDF file

-Doug
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2007 at 04:10 by Dave »

Offline John F

« Reply #8 on: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:56 »
Hi,I'm looking for a sight feed assy; also clutch lever;throttle,advance & retard levers,and I think its called a compression lever,also looking for wheels and front and rear also brake assemblies including drums and finally clutch assemblies I have the flywheel all for my EW restoration

Bazza
I may be able to help out with EW parts that you need, please contact me.
John F

Offline bazza

« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2007 at 13:04 »

I may be able to help out with EW parts that you need, please contact me.
John F

Hi John What do you have please send me an email.
Regards Bazza
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2007 at 21:14 by Dave »

motorcycle