Author Topic: Levers  (Read 5676 times)

Offline conrad

Levers
« on: 19 Feb 2007 at 12:52 »
Can anyone help with photos of the levers for a 24 ts so that I can see what they really look like to have a mate try to replicate them. Photo with a tape measure against it would be a great help,or if anyone has them for sale would be better.

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Levers
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2007 at 17:45 »
London Douglas MCC Pre-war Spares section has basic profiles of these levers laser cut from sheet steel. A lot of shaping and filing is required to replicate a finished lever but there is certainly a lot less work than starting from scratch. You will need an accurate sketch or photo to know where to cut bits away where the lever goes in to the handlebar bracket and where to drill for the pivot. I hope someone can provide that for you.  Chris.

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2007 at 20:18 »
Chris, does the club have the base for the levers as well ?

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2007 at 21:31 »
Hi Ian No I'm sorry. They would have been extremely useful. I have made a pair from scratch in the past but they are a time consuming and difficult little task and one week ago I was facing the job again for my current restoration but fortunately I was given a pair in pretty poor condition but have been able to restore them.

Offline conrad

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2007 at 13:07 »
Chris,would you be able to take a couple of photo's of these levers and bases for me to see what the detail of them actually look like.If you could use a tape measure or measurements that would be of great assistance Thanks Conrad

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2007 at 16:51 »
Sorry Conrad but the levers and brackets for my current restoration are for a 1916 model with veteran forks. These are different from those fitted to the later TS model. I have a TS model as well but this is fitted with a CW clutch so has a double bracket with two levers on the left. However, I will try to take some photos of the front brake lever and bracket in situ. I am reluctant to dismantle this machine as I have been preparing it for loan to an overseas member and I have enough machines in bits at present without adding another. Chris.