Author Topic: T35 Taillight Question  (Read 5416 times)

Offline aggettd

T35 Taillight Question
« on: 02 Feb 2007 at 15:24 »
Does anyone know the correct taillight for the 1947 T35? I have yet to see a detailed photo or specification for it. Is it a Lucas MT110 or 220, proprietary, Miller etc.? Anyone with a correct model would be graced with my sincerest thanks if they would post a photo or point me to a good source.

David Aggett
Nova Scotia
Canada

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: T35 Taillight Question
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2007 at 17:55 »
Dave,
       According to our records, all the Mark series machines were fitted with Lucas taillight type MT211 - ordering number 53056A. This model only provided a tail lamp and numberplate illumination - stoplights weren't obligatory in those days.
                     Regards,   Eddie.

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2007 at 19:45 »
A word of caution regarding sources of MT211 "REPLICA REARLIGHTS (They aint!)
Although well made and finished,these Lamps ,advertised as Replica MT211 Lucas Rear Lamps (with the bonus of a twin filament bulb for stop/tail lights) are in fact replicas of MT480 which has a different method of attaching the Cover(face, instead of barrel- bayonet catch for lens-cover) but more important they do not fit fixing holes in the original Rear Number Plate(different p.c.dia and hole for lampbody). If you are prepared to weld up and re-drill fixing holes,and modify big hole,the MT480 replica is a better article,and very cheap.On my 80Plus I have preserved the old MT211 and fitted a 2 -contact Bulb-holder.This however precludes the use of Halogen Tail Light Bulb as the glass envelope of this is longer than old tungsten variety. I hope this helps and does not confuse too much.The diameter of both of these types means that a seperate reflector is required to meet the UK 's M.O.T . Test requirements.Mine is mounted at bottom of number plate,overlapping end of mudguard.

All the best

Brian

Offline aggettd

« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2007 at 00:08 »
Many thanks to both of you. The taillight on my bike is the single most obvious non-standard item and your information will help me bring her just that extra little bit closer to original.

Cheers

David Aggett

Offline Brian

« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2007 at 10:37 »
David,let me know if you have problems finding the correct Lamp,or if you only find the Base (with no Lens-Tube) I may be able to help you.
Regards
Brian Thorby

motorcycle