Author Topic: Mark 3 Sport colours  (Read 4894 times)

Offline pjondeck

Mark 3 Sport colours
« on: 06 Oct 2006 at 23:24 »
I am attempting to restore my 1948 MK3S in time for the Australian Centenary Rally. Can anyone advise me on colours. I have established that the machine blue is a pale blue but am trying to tie down what blue? Is there a known colour that matches the blue please? Ditto the grey if there is one? I would like to source a technical manual too if anyone can help on that please?
many thanks
Peter 

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Mark 3 Sport colours
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2006 at 19:08 »
I am attempting to restore my 1948 MK3S in time for the Australian Centenary Rally. Can anyone advise me on colours. I have established that the machine blue is a pale blue but am trying to tie down what blue? Is there a known colour that matches the blue please? Ditto the grey if there is one? I would like to source a technical manual too if anyone can help on that please?
many thanks
PeterĀ 
Peter,
                      The nearest matches for the Mark 3 Sports colours - that I know of - are:
  Blue tank panel  ----- Triumph (car) Tahiti Blue or Ford Gentian Blue.
 There is no grey on the Mark 3 sports - the mudguards are silver - Ford Silver Fox. The petrol tank had the same silver on the panels, but, by special order, there was the option of chrome panels in leiu of the silver.
                       Hope this helps,
                                             regards,
                                                         Eddie.

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
  • Location: Late of Encounter Bay, South Coast, South Australia
Re: Mark 3 Sport colours
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2006 at 13:25 »
Hi Peter,
The colours of the first of the two Mk III Sports pictured here I believe are authentic and as delivered - the second is not as I recall the colours to have been and is a relatively poorer attempt at emulation.

Alwyn
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.