Author Topic: Two Douglas motorcycle engines  (Read 7772 times)

Offline graham

Two Douglas motorcycle engines
« on: 02 Jul 2004 at 11:27 »
I have recently aquired a pair of Douglas engines that have been in storage for 30 years.If anyone is interested i am open to offers and will mail you some pictures

Offline John

Re: Two Douglas motorcycle engines
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2004 at 12:04 »
Quote from: "graham"
I have recently aquired a pair of Douglas engines that have been in storage for 30 years.If anyone is interested i am open to offers and will mail you some pictures

Hi Graham, Are the two engines 2 - 3/4 H.P. models? I have a 1925 Douglas TS,
I'm always looking for engines and parts, please email me pictures and I will give you an offer. send the pictures to my business email address; john.r.hall@lmco.com send me an email at my home address; moparhall@webtv.net when you send the pictures. I will go look at them and get back with you.

Thanks,

John

Offline bas

Re: Two Douglas motorcycle engines
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2004 at 11:35 »
Quote from: "graham"
hello graham, are your engines sidevalves or overhead valves??
Thanks Bas

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2004 at 03:35 »
Graham,

A general description of the engines (side-valve or over-head valve, threaded ports or flanged ports, fore and aft or transvers or vertical, single or twin, etc) and particularly the engine prefix code (and perhaps the serial number) would go a long ways to help folks identify which of the many types of engines (motorcycle, moped, industrial, car, and from 1907 to 1956) produced by Douglas your engines might be.

-Doug

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2004 at 05:49 »
Hi Graham,

If you would like to send your photos to the address shown in this topic, I'll add them to your post so everyone can see what your engines look like.

Dave

Updated details for emailing photos - Dave, 11Feb2021
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2021 at 07:55 by Dave »