Author Topic: T35 engine gearbox spacers  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
T35 engine gearbox spacers
« on: 28 Apr 2006 at 08:16 »
Hi T35 engine gearbox spacers how thick and where do they go as I dont have any Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
Re: T35 engine gearbox spacers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2006 at 10:04 »
they go on the footpeg bolt and there are 3 sizes i will measure mine tommorow and post size

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2006 at 03:58 »
Trevor,

I did not drop the spacers from my Mark 3, but I got in there with a set of spring-leg calipers, and got what I think is a reasonably good reading and came up with the following dimensions:

Chain side: 2-9/16"
Kicker side: 29/32"
Bushing diameter: 3/4"

I would think the Mark series used the same spaces as the T35, and the spare list supports this. The third 'bush' is a washer, or adjusting shim. I do not have one fitted to mine; as I recall I had to spring the frame ever so slightly apart to slip in the two distance pieces. So I do not know how thick the shim is.

You can compare this to what Trevor measures. A direct measurement off the bushings would be the most accurate, but I think the above will get your chain alignment pretty close. The bushings could stand to be a little larger in diameter to utilize all of the face of the boss on the transmission. If the footrests are not kept dead-tight, the bushings tend to fret and wear their way into the casting and the frame lugs, creating a hollow.

-Doug
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2006 at 00:49 by Doug »

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2006 at 22:30 »
hi thanks Doug have made them and secured the engine now just need some where to put my foot (still need that footpeg) regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!