Author Topic: T35 engine gearbox spacers  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
T35 engine gearbox spacers
« on: 28 Apr 2006 at 08:16 »
Hi T35 engine gearbox spacers how thick and where do they go as I dont have any Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
Re: T35 engine gearbox spacers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2006 at 10:04 »
they go on the footpeg bolt and there are 3 sizes i will measure mine tommorow and post size

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2006 at 03:58 »
Trevor,

I did not drop the spacers from my Mark 3, but I got in there with a set of spring-leg calipers, and got what I think is a reasonably good reading and came up with the following dimensions:

Chain side: 2-9/16"
Kicker side: 29/32"
Bushing diameter: 3/4"

I would think the Mark series used the same spaces as the T35, and the spare list supports this. The third 'bush' is a washer, or adjusting shim. I do not have one fitted to mine; as I recall I had to spring the frame ever so slightly apart to slip in the two distance pieces. So I do not know how thick the shim is.

You can compare this to what Trevor measures. A direct measurement off the bushings would be the most accurate, but I think the above will get your chain alignment pretty close. The bushings could stand to be a little larger in diameter to utilize all of the face of the boss on the transmission. If the footrests are not kept dead-tight, the bushings tend to fret and wear their way into the casting and the frame lugs, creating a hollow.

-Doug
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2006 at 00:49 by Doug »

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2006 at 22:30 »
hi thanks Doug have made them and secured the engine now just need some where to put my foot (still need that footpeg) regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

motorcycle