Author Topic: My 80 Plus is on the road!  (Read 4074 times)

Offline KiwiJohn

My 80 Plus is on the road!
« on: 29 Nov 2005 at 21:56 »
At last, I have it to a state where I can reasonably confidently ride it around the block!   :P

I am using very hot NGK B4 plugs and after a ten minute run they are reddish brown in colour so I think they are really too hot however colder plugs fouled up in 2 minutes of running.  There was a lot of smoke at the start of the last run but this appears to have cleared somewhat, hopefully a sign of rings bedding in and perhaps I can move to colder plugs.

Otherwise it seems to go quite well and is more lively than I expected for the weight of the bike and only 350cc.

One problem is that it seems to be hard to start when hot. :frown:

All this testing and messing around would be much easier if I didnt live in such a hilly area and if I had some actual experience of riding such a bike. :lol:

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
Re: My 80 Plus is on the road!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2005 at 04:02 »
well done john reddish brown on the plugs is fine u will need to do some high speed runs to see if plugs are to hot i just found out the other day that 80 and 90 plus had triple valve springs instead of the usual dual of the other mk series
next step for u will be building a ramp and see if u can be first to jump a douglas from nz to aus mainland for the 2007 rally :D
dont think it has been done before

Offline KiwiJohn

Re: My 80 Plus is on the road!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2005 at 04:05 »
Yep, the 2007 rally is certainly under consideration but I do think a few more test runs are required!  Plus I really need to learn how to ride it! 

John