Author Topic: !934 mudguards  (Read 438 times)

Offline saluki42

!934 mudguards
« on: 04 Feb 2024 at 10:29 »
Hi again
Does anybody out there have an idea of the mudguard profile I am likely to need for my Model Z. I have two mudguards that came with the jigsaw, though possibly thrown in with the rest of the bits for the look of it, and these have a pronounced central ridge though I have also seen a photograph of a Z with smooth, crowned  mudguards. Any help I can get to help me make a decision will be gratefully received.

Chris

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: !934 mudguards
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:59 »
Chris,

The 1934-35 heavyweight models used a D-section mudguard with a rib. It is six inches wide and 2-1/2 high, but there is some variation (up to a 1/4 inch) in the samples I have measured.

The 1936 heavyweight models reverted to the deep C-section 'guards of the S6 models (which in turn dated back to the 600EW and earlier.)

-Doug

Offline saluki42

Re: !934 mudguards
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2024 at 16:24 »
Thanks Doug,
Just after I posted the question I looked and the rather dark pictures to the road test bike I have on the wall behind me and thought they looked ribbed, its so good to have confirmation and also the full profile details. I think I have tracked down a supplier in the UK who should be able to help me with these.

Thanks again

Chris