Author Topic: S1 Progress  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
S1 Progress
« on: 14 Jul 2008 at 09:19 »
Hello All, My S1 Special Racer has returned to the shed needing only a matching set of Amacs to complete the restoration. For whatever reason we decided to increase the diameter of the front disc brake in the hope of better stoppers if the bike is historic raced. The rear brake also is a Doug 8 inch hub and drum with a BSA Trump modified backing plate and shoes. The rims are 21 x 36 Jap alloy spoked to CW hubs. The non standard clutch although a Doug look alike is Norton with Jawa plates with  the dog bone containing a Norton lift mechanism pulling the 3 spring cover rather than pushing. The cylinder oilers are home made but I think I have the correct items somewhere now. My old mate Des is making good progress on my road going version and his own replica frame model. The frame of racer bike is a modified 4hp.
 If you are reading this Darren the tank patterns chain guard spare gear boxes cases and 4 hp frame parts are now available for Eric Bourne and will forward with someone coming your way.
Pics to follow regards Alan. Thanks for posting the pics Dave I should also have added some further detailing required in particular tyre black.

« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2008 at 11:07 by Alan Cun »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: S1 Progress
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:44 »
Photos added to Alan's post above.