Author Topic: 1915 Douglas 2 3/4 spare parts  (Read 1939 times)

Offline King Cinder

1915 Douglas 2 3/4 spare parts
« on: 28 Jul 2019 at 09:46 »
I’m looking to buy a 1915 Douglas 2 ¾ but it has some bits missing like the front brake assemble, handle bar levers, oil pump for the tank, exhaust, fly wheel and seat. I would love to restore this great looking bike but I’m afraid I may start something I can’t finish due to not being able to get the parts required, please can you help me.
Many thanks
Andy

Offline RockDr.

Re: 1915 Douglas 2 3/4 spare parts
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2019 at 05:18 »
 :Hi Andy,  most of the parts that you listed can be found either  from forum member, swap meets,eBay, small businesses and the London Douglas Motorcycle club. The brake assemblies can be purchased from Bert Pol, levers can be purchased from Hans ? Sorry can remember last name. Just do a search on this forum and you should be able to find the related topics. Oil pump can be made as Chris has made a great set of drawing for these. Again do a search of the forum topic. Exhausts and flywheel can be found at swap meets or some forum member as most of us have a bucket full of old clutchless flywheel. Seats can be obtained from Veteran Triumph Parts or through eBay if you  are trying your luck. Anyway to answer your question it's reasonably that you should be able to complete the task without too much hassle..... but be prepared for the unexpected hurdle as a 100 year old gal will have undoubtedly hidden issues. All solvable with patience and a little cash.
Chris