Author Topic: 1919 2-3/4 hp Douglas Binks carb 3 jet arrangement  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Clive

Hi All ,
Am i correct in thinking the jet arrangement, looking through the air intake the three jets are arranged left to right - 1st pilot  main jet  2nd pilot
This Binks carburettor has the float chamber soldered on the right hand side of the carburettor body.  all the info i have has conflicting write ups.
Douglas seem to have a special configuration to everyone else !!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Clive

Offline Domas

Re: 1919 2-3/4 hp Douglas Binks carb 3 jet arrangement
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2019 at 15:55 »
My knowledge has a Douglas 2 3 / 4hp from 1919 an Amac 15. Not a Binks.

Offline Clive

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2019 at 19:46 »
Thanks Domas
This carburetor is all have so the challenge is to make it work  , Douglas used any make of carburetor they could get their hands on, a war was on so supplies where tight. Thanks for your help anyway.
Regards
Clive
Anybody out there  have any info on the 3 jet Binks of Eccles carb especially the jet arangement
Regards Clive

Offline Clive

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2019 at 08:13 »
Perhaps some pictures

Offline roger h

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2019 at 08:33 »
I have a Binks 2 jet on my AJS, and a Binks "mousetrap" 3 jet on my Morgan-Anzani. I bought the mousetrap (new replica) from Dennis Dring, Demon Manufacturing, New Zealand. I'm sure Dennis would be pleased to advise you. Look on his website.
Roger

Offline Clive

« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2019 at 05:01 »
Thanks Rodger ,
Your the first person to admit that they have ever heard of a binks 3 jet carburetor . Yes i have have had talks with Dennis Dring but he had to admit that he had never seen one of this type , they where only manufactured for a few years . the jet arrangement is across the mouth of the intake while  the later ones being in line with the intake .I think i am on to the problem now . Butchered jets and missing components like  little springs rusted away years ago which control parts called jet dampers. Once all this is sorted i am pretty confident the instrument will work again as intended .Thanks for your interest
Will put some thing in print if i am successful
Regards Clive