Author Topic: EW and CW Clutch Parts  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Rob

EW and CW Clutch Parts
« on: 13 Apr 2019 at 07:47 »
I am trying to put together a CW flywheel clutch and I don't have all the correct parts. I have a collection of CW and EW (or similar other model) clutch parts and was wondering what parts are inter-changeable.

It looks to me that only the Spring Cover, the Adjusting Nut, the internal Spring retaining ring, the Spring Cover holding cover (the one the is held by 4 screws to the flywheel) are virtually the same. I am I correct?

It also looks to me that the "Centre Plate" as described in the EW manual and the "Driving Plate" in the CW literature are the same except that the EW has the friction disc fixed either side where as the CW friction discs are fixed the the Back Plate and Pressure Plate.

Is this a correct assumption?

Can the the CW clutch be modified to have the friction discs mounted on the CW Driving plate? This is only because I have the EW backing plate, a suitable EW Centre Plate and I need to get a Pressure plate made (but I have the appropriate CW pressure plate boss.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Rob

Re: EW and CW Clutch Parts
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2019 at 14:10 »
Thanks Daren.

it looks like one of the eBay clutches is a CW unit. Which will save having to make some key parts.

Can someone comment if the adjusting nut is the same for a CW and an EW clutch.

Thanks

Rob

Offline Rob

Re: EW and CW Clutch Parts
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2019 at 14:12 »
Thanks Daren.

it looks like one of the eBay clutches is a CW unit. Which will save having to make some key parts.

Can someone comment if the adjusting nut is the same for a CW and an EW clutch.

Thanks

Rob