Author Topic: Ew 350 intake and exhaust valves  (Read 2278 times)

Offline LBHill

Ew 350 intake and exhaust valves
« on: 19 Aug 2018 at 21:43 »
Hello all again now that i have piston debarkle sorted the next challenge is the replacement or repair of the exhaust and intake valves has anyone replaced the valves with an aftermarket type valve that was machined to suit and sourced easily or is the genuine part the fix are they available via London Douglas club any info would be appreciated regards LB Hill

Offline kev

Re: Ew 350 intake and exhaust valves
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2018 at 10:14 »
i used ford cortina valves...  head size was right...were a bit long so cut that off and turned the stem to fit douglas keepers  i left the original valve guides in and my head rebuilder put in brass sleeves...its a proprietary system..that he uses on most cars..
valve stem are quite soft..i used carbide segment buti  i,m sure could have cut with HSS cutter

bottom line...just find right head size bush or bore the guide...

Offline LBHill

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2018 at 01:44 »
Thanks for the feedback the Ford Cortina valves were they any particular model or year of manufactire that you spurced and used would make it a bit easier to locte myself in Australia regards LB Hill

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2018 at 16:35 »
Hi LB
The LDMCC Spares  Scheme used to keep valves in stock for all of the common models including the EW 350. If you are a member contact Dick Bradley for availability and cost. Regards  Chris