Author Topic: Our Eric  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Dawn

Our Eric
« on: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:56 »
Eric Whiteoak, of Northern Section fame passed away on 8th December at Park Hills Care Home where he has been residing for the past 4 months.  

Eric has been ill for most of this year, but in July he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.  Although ill he remained the person you all knew.

Eric's funeral will take place on Thursday 16th December.  There will be a church service at 2pm taking place at St Johns Church, Failsworth, Manchester.  This is on the A62 postcode M35 9FS.  For those who know the area its next to Failsworth Pole.

This will be followed by cremation at 3pm at Oldham/Hollinwood Crem, sorry no postcode for this folks but it is on Roman Road on the Failsworth/Hollinwood border.

Please note that Eric asked that you dress as he would have known you - so its time to air the LDMCC regalia.

Dawn.

P.s No flowers - Eric wasn't really a man for flowers.  Instead we are denoting to Dr Kershaws Hospice (where Eric stayed for a short while).
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010 at 07:39 by Dawn »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Our Eric
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2010 at 02:44 »
My heartfelt condolences Dawn.
Although I have never actually met your dad, I feel like I know him well, having read his pieces in the NCR for so many years. He was obviously a real enthusiast for the many activities he was involved in and lived life to the full, and one of those gems of people that makes things happen in the life of volunteer organisations - clearly just a terrific bloke. I know he will be greatly missed and fondly remembered by many, including myself.
Once again my deepest sympathy on your loss.

Graeme
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2010 at 08:37 by graeme »

Offline philpjuk

Re: Our Eric
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2010 at 09:05 »
So sorry to hear this Dawn,our thought are with you,phil and julie (p-J)