Author Topic: Douglas SV-54 Engine  (Read 9847 times)

Offline sadt204

Douglas SV-54 Engine
« on: 01 Oct 2009 at 21:23 »
Hi everyone I am new to this group and hope that you will be able to help me, this question relates to a Douglas Stationary engine rather than a Motorcycle.  I have a Douglas SV-54 stationary engine (Eng. No. 4333CP) which is missing a magneto and an air filter, could anyone tell me which magneto should be fitted, I have tried a Wico A Type 660B but the mounting bolt holes are too small and the mounting bolt holes are at an angle rather than vertical.  Any help or advise would be gratefully accepted.

Sadt204

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: Douglas SV-54 Engine
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2009 at 02:57 »
Yes couldn't read all the info on my nameplate but my motor looks very original and is fitted with a series 4 Wico the one with the square bakelite coil top. If you go through some of the old postings should be a pic of my motor with serial number written on with chalk 3427 AZ I think.

Alan

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2009 at 00:46 »
Hi Alan,

Had a look through your photos but couldn't find the one with that serial number. Is it in these photos?

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2009 at 10:12 »
Yes Dave that is the one in the first pic the single cylinder on the right. Guess the pic I took with the chalked number wasn't selected by me at that time.

Modified 8 Sep     Yes I believe this mag was used on many single stationaries here in Aust. Those being Wisconsin and Howard (rotary hoes) an alternative is also the Lucas SR 1.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009 at 08:33 by Alan Cun »

Offline sadt204

« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2009 at 14:29 »
Many thanks for the photo / info Alan, I think I know where to lay my hands on one of those magneto.

Offline Duster

• The Douglas Stationary Engine Resource
« Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2009 at 15:46 »
All such info is in thehandbook (copies available from the shop on our website www.duster.org.uk but the mag should be a Wico Type A1 Spec. A950 BZ. There are lots of variations on the Wico type A magneto.
Peter
Peter Chadbund
The Douglas Stationary Engine Resource
www.duster.org.uk