Author Topic: douglas t35 from argentina  (Read 4252 times)

Offline douglasargentina

douglas t35 from argentina
« on: 17 Aug 2009 at 01:22 »
hi!!..i´ve bought a douglas t35 in very good condition is all restored and with all original parts. But i have some missing parts as: two carburators,żair cleaner? i have in the spare douglas catalog a draw of the air cleaner but i nevre saw one...was that part standar equipement of the bike??.. and i need a speedometer..if somebody could help me to accquire these parts. i will apreciate any help. i will up load photos of my new bike. best wishes from argentina
Diego

Offline aggettd

Re: douglas t35 from argentina
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2009 at 11:10 »
A couple of years ago there was a fellow by the name of Mafeodo ( I think that's how it was spelled) who had a warehouse full of bike parts that he had inherited from his father. He was in the process of selling off the parts and had a MK 1 engine and transmission which according to the one photo I saw, looked complete with carburettors, complete magdyno, etc. I attempted to buy the lot from him but everytime we came to some agreement, he would raise his price. I gave up. Considering the rather limited market for that type of equipment, he may still have it. He was situated in Buenos Aires. At the time, a gentleman and fellow member of the LDMCC living in BA, by the name of Roger Davis, was a big help to me. His frustration level with dealing with Mr. Mafeodo was pretty high by the time negotiations broke off, but he may be able to point you in the right direction.

David Aggett

Offline aggettd

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2009 at 11:18 »
On further reflection, I think the name was spelled "Mafiodo".

Offline douglasargentina

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2009 at 23:03 »
Thank you very much..i ve been in mafiodos work shop is incredible the kind and the numbers of bikes...I didnt ask him about the carburators..i will call him.and the other man you named me today a friend of mine told me that he  will contact me whith he beacuse he is  a douglas expert. thank you very much..in a few weeks i will upload photos of my bike,