Author Topic: 1921/24 douglas  (Read 4736 times)

Offline lincoln

1921/24 douglas
« on: 09 Nov 2007 at 09:39 »
hi every body out there my name is lincoln and im interested in old 1921/24 douglas that i have found on a farm in far north Qld it seems to be in a rebuildable condition and the owner has asked me to give him an offer i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of a starting point for an offer i know it is not an easy thing to answer without seeing or knowing what the bike is like any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.
lincoln

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: 1921/24 douglas
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2007 at 09:08 »
Heh Lincoln, I will be bold and say start with a grand and take it from there, but on the other hand dont rush in with a bid I am sure he has a figure in mind and patience may see him come out with it first. Been down that road many times, best of luck. regards Alan

Offline Ian

• Master Member
Re: 1921/24 douglas
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2007 at 20:36 »
Lincoln, to give you a basis to work from the TS models have been increasing in sale price lately. You would not get a good restored one for less than $7-8K at the moment. That would give you an idea of what to pay based on how complete it is and what sort of condition. Without seeing it I would agree with Alan - unless it is totally complete with all the right bits (levers, etc) and only needs cosmetic resto ! (wouldn't I like to find bikes like that  :) )