Author Topic: New Book to Commemorate 100 years  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Dirt Track

New Book to Commemorate 100 years
« on: 15 Sep 2007 at 22:07 »
G'day all
I read in the latest Old Bike Mart that the London Douglas Club have brought out a booklet to commemorate Douglas's 100 years since starting out.
It said to go to the classified section for details and when I did....nothing other than the Clubs details.
How do I go about obtaining a book?
How about someone giving us a book review on it.
Another idea would be for this Forum to buy a bulk lot and sell to its members at a profit....helping to offset the cost of running this show.
Howard.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: New Book to Commemorate 100 years
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2007 at 02:40 »
Howard,

The booklet was the special edition included with the March/April mailing of the NCR to all LDMCC members.

Apparently they have had these reprinted. According to the latest NCR editorial, copies can be obtained from Roy Shepherd, 4 St. Marks Cottages, St. Marks Road, Binfeild, Berkshire, RG42 4AU, Great Britain. Cost four pounds sterling posted to anywhere on the globe.

Primarily it is a photo compilation of period and contemporary photos, with just the essential history thrown in. If they are advertising in Old Bike Mart, then I assume sales are open to all.

-Doug

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: New Book to Commemorate 100 years
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2007 at 07:01 »
Hi All,
          The LDMCC did place an ad. in the Old Bike Mart regarding these booklets but somehow it got omitted from the last edition. Presumably, it will get rectified in the next issue!!  The details Doug gave in the previous posting are correct, and we are making them available to non members - some of the motorcycle museums over here are selling them to the general public.

Eddie.