Douglas - For Sale Items

Douglas 1913 Model P motorcycle

Douglas - Wanted Items

Douglas 1915 3 Spd-Gearbox and Clutch

Quick Comments

Reminders, links to interesting topics, bump your own topic, quick comments or any short message of interest to members. Try it out!
Please note - 500 character current limit

Dave

2024-06-11, 20:02:05
Have you tried the new Drafts feature yet? I just lost a long message today and learned my lesson. It is a good idea to save a draft of any long post you are writing. You can then just keep writing and keep saving a draft, knowing you have a backup if there is a glitch. The draft is automatically deleted when you post the message.

Dave

2024-06-08, 18:30:04
For Sale
xman has two very nice 1950's machines available - a green 1950 mk4 and black 1951 mk5 - both in good condition and running well.

Dave

2024-06-07, 02:13:36

Dave

2024-06-03, 08:23:05
For Sale
Duncan has just listed his green and cream 1957 Dragonfly for sale with spares and documents.

Dave

2024-06-02, 08:34:05
Parts avalable
alistair still has parts available - barrels, carburettor, castings - see all listings.

Dave

2024-06-01, 18:33:27

Dave

2024-05-28, 00:09:46
Welcome to the new site!
Recommended viewing for a fast start...
 - Quick Tour of the Front Page
 - Quick Tour of the new Attachments
Learn all about attaching photos in the User Guide. Any problems with anything please Contact us     Faulty links fixed - 01June2024

MK 4 Repairs in Australia

Started by Ando, 14 May 2023 at 00:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ando

Hi Everyone,
After years of searching, I have finally managed to obtain a MK 4 Douglas.
It is in quite good condition and the motor runs well following work by the previous owner.
However, I have just discovered the clutch is worn and the bike cannot be ridden.
I have ordered plates and springs from the club and await their arrival.
Unfortunately, I do not believe I have the skills to perform this repair and any that may appear during the process.
Is there anyone, preferably in New South Wales Australia, who would be interested in performing this work for me?
I am happy to discuss details outside of this forum with anyone interested.

Regards,
Gary Anderson

franky

Hello Gary
The nice chap at Penrith Brake and Cutch in Coreen Avenue  did a great job on my '25 CW and I went back a few years later to see him in 2017 with my Mark 4 clutch plate. It came back absolutely spot on. The cost was reasonable and it was well worth my driving to see him from the outskirts of Bathurst.

Regards Frank

Ando

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the info.
Waiting for the new parts to arrive.
Did you take the whole bike or just the engine to their shop?
What is reasonable cost?

Thanks,
Gary Anderson

franky

Hi Gary

I also ordered springs from the LDMCC but the clutch was rebuilt by Penrith B&C completely with me supplying the original worn plate only. I am sure I kept the invoice so I will send the cost on to you.

Get back to you soon

Frank

franky

Gary I found the invoice which I marked paid on 23/2/2018.

I paid $167.00 being $142.00 for Reline clutch plate and $25.00 for Flywheel Grind.

During our discussion he recommended that I had the flywheel ground to remove the minor damage and some glazing which would give better operation.

Frank

Ando

Hi Frank,
That is a great deal if it includes labour.
I presume for that cost you removed the motor from the bike for them to work on it?
I will contact them.
Do you have the name of a specific person to contact?
Regards,
Gary

franky

Hello Gary

That was the total cost and yes I dismantled the bike completely. As you can see there was a lot to be done and lots to be re-made. I pushed it out from under a house in late 2016.
The Penrith business owners name escapes me at this stage. He was direct but most helpful.
I reminded him that he relined my CW clutch plate in June 2014 (please see attachment) and was pleased with the work.

franky

Mark image was not included