Author Topic: dragonfly bits  (Read 4048 times)

Offline ragingbull

dragonfly bits
« on: 26 Nov 2009 at 15:24 »
HI
I AM NEW TO THIS, SO HOPE I AM DOING IT RIGHT?
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF YOU CAN BUY DRAGONFLY GASKET SETS?
  DITTO                                                                      COMPLETE CABLE SETS
  DITTO                                                                      SADDLES
  DITTO                                                                      WIRING HARNESS
  REGARDS

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: dragonfly bits
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2009 at 18:15 »
Hi,
     If you are a member of the LDMCC, you can get gaskets and cables from the post war spares scheme. Leightons in Birmingham, UK can help out with a dualseat. There are also several suppliers of wiring harnesses advertising in 'The Old Bike Mart'.
    By the way, if you listed your location, we would be able to give more relevant advise - after all, this is a World wide forum and there is little point in suggesting a small supplier to an owner on the other side of our planet!
                        Regards,
                                   Eddie.

Offline Dawn

Re: dragonfly bits
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2009 at 11:59 »
Dear Ragingbull,

Its Dawn here.  We met at the BHR agm.

Why not make up a wiring harness - I made one using 7 - core trailer wire. Can fwd you a copy of my report if you have not got it.

Cables again I make my own - I obtained old cables (some are even japanese cables with the writing emeryed off) & put the correct nipples on.  Got them from the various autojumbles.  There is one @ Newark every month - next one is 15th Dec.

Hope you enjoyed reminiscing about the good old days with Mr Easton.