Author Topic: Douglas Dragonfly - Can you help?  (Read 7562 times)

Offline DragonflySeeker

Douglas Dragonfly - Can you help?
« on: 03 Nov 2019 at 20:49 »
Hello there to all on the DMF.

I am hoping someone can help me out. It is my Fathers 80th Birthday at the end of the month and in some recent reminisces he talked about the first motorbike he had, a black and silver Douglas Dragonfly. He told me a couple of lovely stories and seeing how much it meant I wondered if I might be able to reunite him with one before his Birthday.

He is London/Surrey based but I could come out to anywhere within an hour or so of London (he finds journeys longer than that tricky) in an ideal world I'd love him to have a pub lunch and then be able to see a Douglas Dragonfly, maybe hear the engine turn over and chat with someone who shares his interest.

I would also be happy to pay for a membership and go to an event/meet if that's an option? I had looked at the LDMCC thinking that might be a possibility but after a week am yet to hear anything back from them.

If you could help me or advise me that would be hugely appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Martin

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Douglas Dragonfly - Can you help?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2019 at 07:08 »
Hello Martin,
                     I don't know if this would be of interest to you, there is an informal motorcycle meet at Jack's Fish and Chip shop on the main A30 in Bagshot at lunchtime on November 13th. It is listed in the LDMCC magazine as a run for Surrey/Hants members. There are usually a couple of Dragonflies there - a stone and green one and a black and silver. If you do attend, make yourself known to the owners, they will make your Dad and yourself most welcome, and will be happy to chat endlessly on matters 'Douglas'.

Regards,
                  Eddie.

P.S. The LDMCC secretary has been away on holiday recently, and may still be catching up on recent correspondence.

Offline RegH

« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2019 at 08:20 »
Hi Martin,
If you have contacted the Club Secretary, then expect a delay as he will then forward your details to myself who as LDMCC Membership Secretary will deal with any membership application. Should you wish, if you send me your name and postal address by a PM (Personal Message), I will send club membership/subscription details to you.
Regards,
Reg.

Offline DragonflySeeker

« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov 2019 at 14:53 »
Hello eddie and RegH,

Thank you for your quick and helpful replies. I had seen the event on the 13th which sounds ideal and maybe with the Club secretary away my email hasn't been received yet.

I will take RegHs suggestion and PM them.

Thanks again for both your help.

Offline Red

« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2019 at 16:58 »
Hi Martin.  I'm out of the UK at the moment. I will be back on Wednesday and I will make contact with you then. Sorry for the delay.   Roy ( Club Secretary)

Offline andy1303

« Reply #5 on: 04 Nov 2019 at 20:25 »
Hi Martin,

I have a black/silver Dragonfly and am near Croydon. I'd be more than happy for you and your father to come and have a look. It might even start if we're lucky.

Feel free to drop me a PM if that might be of interest and we can arrange something.

Rgds

Andy

Offline DragonflySeeker

« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:55 »
Thanks once again for the help and to RegH for the information re the LDMCC.

Also thanks to Roy for the response. Sorry to be a nuisance I just wasn't sure if I had sent my query to the wrong place. I hope you had a nice holiday.

Lastly, thank you andy1303 that is a very kind offer. I will PM you.