Author Topic: bowing out  (Read 2397 times)

Offline george sutton

bowing out
« on: 15 Aug 2015 at 15:53 »
HI everybody. After 4 years of hard work to get my Mk1 MPG 356 (known to many in the club) up and running to a fine standard, ill health caught up with me before I could enjoy the dream. However she has gone to a good owner, and has promised faithfully to look after her. whats more ,he has promised to join the club ,and has all the details.  so pending my exit from this wonderfull institution, I would like to thank everyone who has helped with the advice and parts over the years to get this bike perfect again. So,welcome please a mr. EDDIE Shermer, he is a keen gentleman.   by now lads, Denis sutton

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: bowing out
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2015 at 17:13 »
Denis,
          Sorry to hear you have had to give up your Douglas - this doesn't mean you have to give up your interest in the marque - I am sure you will still be welcome on this forum, and as an associate member of the LDMCC.

Regards,
                  Eddie.

Offline george sutton

Re: bowing out
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2015 at 08:03 »
Thank you for that Eddie.   I will never give up that interest for the Duggie, it was because of eight fantastic years with one (KAR 225) in my youth, that I so wanted to relive it. I could have done so too, if it had only been in a safe ridable state when I got it back in 2009, and not had to spend so long working on her.    I will extend a special thanks to yourself, Brian Thorby,John Holmes,Eric Morley, and others who I met at the Maldon stands . regards Denis