Author Topic: CW rear forks  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Jim

CW rear forks
« on: 08 Nov 2011 at 09:15 »
Hello,
         can someone tell me what the distance is between the rear fork plates where the wheel bolts in on a CW. Also I am guessing that the hub should be in the middle in regard to the frame, and also my lower offside rear tube has a slight bend about two inches from the front of the join. I am also guessing that this tube should also be straight? I am in the throes of getting my frame and forks in order so any help would be appreciated, regards Jim

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: CW rear forks
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2011 at 21:52 »
Jim,

5-1/2" between the lugs, and the lugs are centered on the centerline of the frame. This does not garentee that the hub was centered, and someone else will have to answer that.

The RH tube has an offset towards the front which will make it look 'kinked'. There should be about 3-1/8" clearance from the centerline to the inside face of the kink. From there back the RH side converges at a three degree angle, and the LH side (straight) at a one degree angle.

-Doug

Offline Jim

Re: CW rear forks
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:43 »
Hello Doug,
                     thank you for your comprehensive reply, it seems I was chasing a problem that I didn`t have, regards Jim