Author Topic: That saga of the mk1 that would'nt run.  (Read 3022 times)

Offline george sutton

That saga of the mk1 that would'nt run.
« on: 22 Apr 2010 at 14:02 »
For the benifit of those who followed my saga of the misfiring t35 (posted last Sept.), and trying everything i knew to get it to run properly, but with no joy. then finding the cause was rust pitted bores and bad c/head gear ,really left me shattered. Eddies advice and indeed members from around the world helped me tremendously here. the best help coming from Brian Thorby bless him who in the shape of father xmas, donated two genny barrels to me. They needed boring, but it gave me more scope. Then our parts man Pat young came up with some 'rocking horse manure' in the shape of a pair of un used .+020" pistons. bored and honed, last week i thought i was ready, then the threads went in the float bowl tops. Its almost like this bike does'nt want to go anywhere. putting my rurning skills to the test i have made a couple new ones in brass . i know ! its not original, but now they are better than the amal ones. Many other problems had to be fixed on this m/c also. But for those who wanted an update, see me now, and as i was in 1952. Many thanks to Brian Thorby, John Holmes, eddie, Patrick and others who came up trumps. George Sutton.

« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010 at 01:15 by Doug »