Author Topic: 1947 T35 Pillion Seat.  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Reg

1947 T35 Pillion Seat.
« on: 12 Dec 2007 at 18:19 »
I have a 1947 T35 Mk.1 currently undergoing restoration. Before painting commences, I would like to acquire a genuine pillion 'bum' pad. A previous owner converted the bike to a dual seat but fortunately left the original pillion 4 fixing holes intact and blanked them off using 1/4" nuts and bolts. I purchased a replica pad from a UK supplier but the fixing points if fitted will mean drilling new holes in the 'guard. I'd rather not do this as the pad itself is not much to write home about! I'm hoping the blanked off holes are original and if so, I can look around for an original item which has the metal framework still intact. Condition of the seat material does not matter. The dimensions of these holes, measured along the surface of the 'guard are 9 5/8" by 2 7/8" Can anyone help establish if these mounting holes are original and maybe provide a seat or frame? or even a dimensioned drawing of the frame itself. The Douglas Spares Book has the pillion seat listed for all the Mark Series variants and therefore could be found on the Mk1, 3, 3S, 4, 4S and 5.
Reg.