Author Topic: Bent t35  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
Bent t35
« on: 27 Aug 2006 at 05:57 »
Hi so I painted the frame, swing arm and forks powder coated the wheels all good. :D Assembled the whole added the motor stood back and was pleased with the work so far. A few years later I built a motorcycle workbench rolled it up the ramp to sort all the little bits out without bending too much. Started to measure it up as the rear wheel leans to the right a bit and the front Qd axle is a bitch to line up :x so measurements taken it shows the left hand fork tube is bent back about 3/8 of an inch, the swing arm is twisted and the front wheel is also buckled. So I have replaced the bent forks the swing arm is at the frame straighteners and I am having new wheels made up soon what next!! I just want to get it and the Douglas bantam to the Douglas Rally next year.Regards Daren.
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Bent t35
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2006 at 06:55 »
Keep at it Darren!
Bike restorations are usually "character building" exercises - onto the 8th restoration I've been involved with now, and none have been plain sailing. Still all the more satisfying when it all comes together! :D
Cheers, Graeme

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2006 at 03:55 »
Nah, throw that T35 out, common rubbish! Concentrate your efforts on something rare like the Douglas Bantam.   :wink:

-Doug

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2006 at 08:22 »
working on that one at the same time only it may not pull my 116kg's around the block Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!