Author Topic: looking for a dragonfly.  (Read 5717 times)

Offline anchi100

looking for a dragonfly.
« on: 26 Apr 2004 at 21:45 »
Hi there
I'm looking for a douglas dragonfly...to use/improve/restore...not too bothered!... I was alerted of these stunnning bikes by a past girlfriends father...(who still has his bike)...Went to the owners weekend at Bicester, Oxfordshire UK in the summer of 1988, and promised myself one day, I would have one...(thanks Malc!)...now seriously looking to purchase one...I know I will have to travel...don't mind that...just tell me where there is one!..cheers Andy...

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Forum Inspirer
Re: looking for a dragonfly.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2004 at 12:01 »
Quote from: "anchi100"
Hi there
I'm looking for a douglas dragonfly..................cut.................just tell me where there is one!..cheers Andy...

Hi 'Andy'
Thanks for joining the Douglas Forum and thanks too for your posting regarding your requirement for a Dragonfly. I have moved your wanted message to this Forum, "Douglas Motorcycles and Parts Wanted" where it may attract anyone wanting to sell.

Very seldom is it that any Douglas at all comes to the market here in Australia. I note that your reside in the UK. It happens that I am a member of the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club. I note that in the Club's current issue of their magazine, 'New Conrod' , there is a Dragonfly advertised for sale. The advert reads "Dragonfly 2300 pounds 1957 Black/Silver' original Miller parts - matching frame and engine numbers - some spare parts including engine, gearbox and wheels.

PM to T35 to obtain specific contact details.

Best of luck
Alwyn
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.