Author Topic: T35 Pistons (NOW FOUND)  (Read 6634 times)

Offline Sheikh Pip

T35 Pistons (NOW FOUND)
« on: 01 Feb 2011 at 15:45 »
I need 2  pistons @ +40thou, (Pistons must be new) also 2 Cam followers, and 2 pushrods, for a 1948 T35 Mark 1 350cc.

Prefer from the UK only!

Phil Davies (Sutton Coldfield UK)
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011 at 09:40 by Sheikh Pip »

Offline Dawn

Re: T35 Pistons
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2011 at 12:09 »
Sorry I can't help you, but if you are a member of the LDMCC - club spares may have cam followers & definately have pushrods as thats where I've got some from.

Please note that the spares service is available to members only.

Dawn.

Offline Sheikh Pip

« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2011 at 15:14 »
Sorry I can't help you, but if you are a member of the LDMCC - club spares may have cam followers & definately have pushrods as thats where I've got some from.

Please note that the spares service is available to members only.

Dawn.

Thanks for the info Dawn,  Yes I am a member of the LDMCC, mind you I only joined 3 weeks ago!

Phil

Offline steveL

« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2011 at 07:55 »
Hi Phil,

I dont know if you've come across these http://www.classic-motorcycles.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecom.cgi?Command=ListProducts&db_scid=112 They can supply brand new pistons (including rings and gudgeon pin).

Funnily enough Im after one myself for a Mark V. Would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience of the company ?

Steve.

Offline Dawn

« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:28 »
Hi Guys,

Have looked on this site. It is based on the Isle of Man.

I suspect that the pistons at the top of the pageare for the Douglas Vespa 2 stroke scooter.  I cannot remember the bore & stroke of a Douglas but a figure of 60.8 x 60 comes to mind in that equation.  These pistons are for a lesser size.  Unfortunately some traders (especially a well known website) calls all Vespa related machines & products to be of Douglas name.  At the bottom of the page there is a couple of pistions for later Mk 5s.  Bit pricey though. 

I have heard that some owners have fitted Honda pistons.

Please also note that Mk One heads & pistons may be different to those of the later models, ie Mk 3 sports onwards, including mk 4, 5 & plus models.

Dawn.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:42 by Dawn »

Offline Sheikh Pip

« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2011 at 16:09 »
Again thanks for the information Steve/Dawn, unfortunately Dawn is correct, the Mk1 pistons are different to the other Mk's and the Dragonfly, I think this is due to the raised head on the piston crown and the 3 rings all being above the little end pin, I've researched a few modern motorbike derived pistons to see if I can make something else fit, but due to the amount the crown is raised I've not had any luck, FW Thorntons of Shrewsbury can only supply the later Mk's or Dragonfly pistons, it looks like I'll just have to be patient and wait for the LDMC parts dept to get back to me on this one, though I wish they'd hurry up a little... :roll:  :frown: :roll:

@ Dawn, Thanks for the e-mail, much appreciated

Phil

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2011 at 18:12 »
Phil,
        Quite a few Mk1 owners have resorted to running on generator barrels and pistons. The pistons have a slightly different ring configuration, but work well. The barrels need the top 2 fins trimmed back to clear the fins on the underside of the heads (around the exhaust port). From what I am lead to believe, it is better to remove the cam follower locating block and use the normal motorcycle followers that are free to rotate.
                          Regards,
                                  Eddie.

Offline Sheikh Pip

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2011 at 22:29 »
Hi Eddy

Thanks for the reply, do you know if the generator barrols and piston will work properly with my cylinder heads, I'm concerned about the compresssion ratio being correct (ish) ? And do you have any idea where might I pick up a pair?