Author Topic: LDMCC club spares price list  (Read 22373 times)

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
LDMCC club spares price list
« on: 21 Sep 2005 at 11:18 »
Hi
 I wonder if the LDMCC might publish a list of spares accessible to club members on this forum. It could be an incentive for Douglas owners to join the club and we could lodge ideas for future spares that need to be produced instead of using snail mail methods that non UK membes use now
 Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: LDMCC club spares price list
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2005 at 08:09 »
We could set up a child-forum for this under Douglas Motorcycles and Parts For Sale called say LDMCC Spares, as a place where the list of parts could be viewed and discussion take place.

All they need do is email the list in any format - text, html, Word doc file, Excel .xls file (or whatever) and we could convert it to something suitable for display. When updates are made to the list, all they need do is email the latest copy.

If they would prefer the forum not be viewable publicly, we can make it Members only or, we can even make it LDMCC Members only if they wish.

We can provide email links or web links to the LDMCC or anything else that may help. So if you'd like to have it here, it's just a matter of someone approaching them, or perhaps a group of members?

Dave

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2005 at 09:13 »
That would be perfect. Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Forum Inspirer
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2005 at 12:54 »
Hi Daren and Dave and others,
I think the idea is good and is worth pursuing with the LDMCC - I think also that Doug is the logical person to make the approach to the club as he has personal contacts there, so I suggest we hold it over until Doug returns from his globetrotting and then seek his opinion/help.
Alwyn
Global Mod.
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2005 at 03:44 »
I have forwarded this topic to LDMCC spares with recommendations for their comments. 

-Doug

Offline coles1933

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2012 at 16:19 »
The LDMCC does not have a spares section. It has not had a spares section for the last three years. Try sending an email
Will you get an answer, your be lucky, Try sending an order, require a response in 2 weeks, 2 months your be lucky,
Will you get an answer on your idea of a price list, your be lucky. The club does not wish to sell spares it only attracts new members
with stories of availability of spares, spares your be lucky. Your best bet is to join the club, get onto the committee and then you might get some spares, otherwise your best bet is to make your own spares, make a few extra and sell them to  other people.
You will not get them from the club,if you are lucky let me know, ive had orders in for months , no years , nothing I live hoping that the postman will come tomorrow.  I do love Douglas,s if not the club spares.  coles1933

Offline tom hoek

• douglas A32 terrier 1931
« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2012 at 19:35 »
Hello

Nothing is perfect, making this exciting hobby. :D
And the help on this forum is very good. 8)
That the parts that are difficult is not so strange
The factory has been closed since the 50's! :cry:
It takes sometimes years to complete a motorcycle :evil: :D

Groeten van Tom

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2012 at 22:31 »
Coles1933's comments seem to be a rant against the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club (LDMCC) spares department(s). The comments should be viewed in the context of a dissatisfied customer with the service received. Least anyone get the wrong idea, the LDMCC does indeed have functioning pre- and post war spares departments. A list and prices of what is currently in stock is available to LDMCC members. You have to be a Club member to use the spares service, and for liability reasons spare can not be provided to all international destinations. 

The range of spares is not extensive, compared to other one-make clubs that enjoy greater popularity and member base. So setting expectations after experiences with - for example - a Norton, BSA, or Triumph, is going to lead to disappointment. On the other hand, the LDMCC probably have a greater range of wares available than say the the New Imperial club, or one of the other British concerns that had even a smaller output and following than Douglas.

What level of service Coles1933 expected and how it fell short of expectations I do not know. I would suggest bringing any grievances to the LDMCC's attention so they have the opportunity to address the matter. If you wish to have a dynamic discussion with other LDMCC members on the subject (something faster than a letter to Club), I suggest a post in the LDMCC Members area where you can go into specifics and get a feel if there is a shared problem with the spares services, if it is a isolated incident, or if the complaint is unwarranted from co-members perspective.

Please note that a post in the LDMCC Member's area is not a substitute for contacting the LDMCC or the LDMCC committee. It is an area provided on this forum for the convenience of LDMCC members to discuss Club related matters, and is not affiliated with the LDMCC in any way.

-Doug
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2012 at 03:25 by Doug »

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 02:33 »
I have used the pre-war spares services extensively and only ever had the BEST of service. The guys running it are great and do it as volunteers. Just want to put some perspective on the previous comments !

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 03:39 »
Oh, and I just noticed this is a seven year old thread and I never did return and post the Club's response to Daren's original suggestion. It has been brought up a few times since and covered in other posts, but for the sake of completeness I will add the response here. And that is the LDMCC spares list is available only to club members, so the Club did not wish to post it on a public forum. Members could request a paper or electronic copy from the respective pre/post-war spares secretary.

-Doug

Offline coles1933

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 07:12 »
Doug. Thanks for your answer to my rant, Yes I agree it was a rant. It was meant to be a little light relieve from the problems that have been experienced on the club Post War spares for three years now. The spares side for the Pre 1945 spares is excellent and the
brothers that run it do a good job   I have been a member of the  the club for  10 year or so and I attend most of the monthly meetings of the largest section( Guildford),This section has the fullest number of committee  members possible, Both the Chairman, Vice Chairman and at least three other committee members are normally there  and they are dedicated Douglas enthusiasts, so that is as it should be.
  My problem, is most of the UK members problem, the spares have not been coming out of the post 1945 spare set up. There has never been a price list for any of the club spares in the uk, so please get your facts right before you go to print. The members in the UK are
fully aware of the spares problem, as are the committee, but it would really appear that nobody wishes to try to improve the situation.
It would really appear that the change of the spares sales that took place three years ago has not so far worked and the changes
that are necessary to get it going again are not at the moment being made.  As has recently been pointed out by some other one
make clubs in the press that you cannot run a spares system on a one man band , it is to much work for one person  This is the problem that needs addressing. It needs breaking up into sections and a number of members giving different parts to deal with. In business
the breakdown might be,as follows:- Sale of existing stock, procurement of new stock, break electrical parts away from mechanical parts, and so on. Keep up the good work Doug but try and be a little more free thinking. Regards coles1933

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 08:25 »
Funny i got all of my parts for my mark 1 and a price list 18 months ago and is it just me or is this forum getting more and more less friendly and a place for venting anguish
this forum used to be a great place for members to communicate but lately i have been thinking of getting out of the Douglas marque and going somewhere less volatile

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #12 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 09:41 »
Hi All,
        As a previous Post war spares officer for the LDMCC, I am probably more qualified to comment on the present problems than most - but this is not the place to do it. I accept that problems exist, but those who are shouting loudest seem to be the ones who insist on ignoring the correct channels for dealing with these problems. If you are not happy with any aspect of the LDMCC, contact either the secretary or chairman and they will do their best to resolve the situation. Ranting on this forum will only detract from what I reckon is the most friendly one make club in existence (now, there's an unbiased opinion for you!!).
    Let's all pull together for the benefit of the Club and the Marque.
          Regards,
                  Eddie.

Offline roy

« Reply #13 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 17:58 »
To.
     coles1933, in future when you wish to criticize an organisation or person PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT!
Members of the LDMCC are aware of the problems with a certain spares service and are endeavoring to put thing right. As Eddie states, if you have a problem, let the correct people know. If you wish to rant, do it in the correct place, attend the AGM and make your point.
I expect the last statement will fall on deaf ears.
The club is run solely by volunteers who give up their own time for the benefit of some 1000+ members, without them there would be no LDMCC.

Roy.

Offline oily bloke

« Reply #14 on: 23 Feb 2012 at 18:34 »
Don't forget that Coles1933 statements are nearly four years old!! and the thread was started in 2005.
Hopfully things have improved or at least moved on.
I don't posses a post war Dougie but I have used the pre war spares scheme and have nothing but praise. Thanks guys, you know who you are :D

Offline coles1933

« Reply #15 on: 24 Feb 2012 at 06:38 »
 My Rant has brought forth some response, and I am willing to accept I am wrong, I have an email saying after waiting 3 months
 "I have today received part of my of my order" sorry chaps to stir it up, but at least one person is now happy. Keep up the good work
coles1933

Offline tom hoek

• douglas A32 terrier 1931
« Reply #16 on: 24 Feb 2012 at 07:19 »
that is very beautiful  :D

greetings tom

Offline swarmboss

« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2012 at 20:36 »
Could someone please tell me how to get a copy of the Post War Spares availability/prices, as nobody ive spoken to in UK knows of its existance or how to get one. Id appreciate knowing how long these have been available for.All genuine help will be much appreciated.Thanks in anticipation................................

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2012 at 01:40 »
Swarmboss,

A list of the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club's entire range of stock has never been put together. Since about 2000, a list covering the pre-war reproduction items has been available to club members. For a pre-war list, or inquiries pre- and post-war spares availability, you would simply send an email or letter to the respective spares secretaries, contact info inside the front cover of a current issue of the Club's magazine, The New ConRod.

-Doug

Offline coles1933

« Reply #19 on: 26 Feb 2012 at 08:39 »
 Hi Again. We are now getting down to it a little better. We must differentiate completely between the Prewar Spares and Postwar
Spares. Prewar  no problems recorded.  The problems lie with  Postwar Spares. There has never been a " Price List" even talked
about in my years with the club on Postwar Spares.  It is OK to say Just Enquire and you will be given prices, it use to happen in
Eddie Turners time with the spares, but it hasnt happened since in my knowledge  Please come forward those people who have
these price lists and just give us a copy here on the Forum please mark up the year of your price list so we dont expect to get these
 prices today.|We can then close this subject and get on to more interesting subjects such as does anybody have complete lists of all the special parts found on the  80/90 Plus models such as   Front brake parts,  Clutch parts , air scoop and the rest. coles1933
l

Offline roy

« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2012 at 18:35 »
coles 1933, as has previously been stated, LDMCC and Douglas Motorcycle Forum are separate entities. You will only get spares details from THE CLUB.
Most members are aware of the on-going problems.
As I have previously mentioned, the way to endeavor getting this sorted, is to come along to the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING due to be held at Laughton near Bicester on 25th March at 2pm and have a constructed discussion on how to proceed forward.
Too many members moan about the way things are run, but never attend and put their thoughts, ideas, to the membership.

Roy. 

Offline coles1933

« Reply #21 on: 27 Feb 2012 at 09:00 »
 ROY.  The club AGM is a very good place to discuss the problems but as you are quite aware it  cannot  represent the
membership, with an attendance of 30 member of whom the officers and committee make 15 ( if they all make it), it is very unlikely
to go anywhere. I for one cannot afford to make a 200 plus mile trip for a five minute discussion, to be told it is all in hand
and will be resolved soon. Does anybody in the club have a full list of all the special parts that go to make up a 80/90 plus.
I am trying to change the subject. regards coles1933

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2012 at 09:33 »
John,
         I think it's time someone reminded you that what you get out of a club can only be proportional to what you put in - otherwise the pot runs dry!!!

Offline roy

« Reply #23 on: 27 Feb 2012 at 15:14 »
Thanks Eddie, you can take a "HORSE" to water but you cant make him drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2012 at 01:56 »
Quote from: coles1933
Does anybody in the club have a full list of all the special parts that go to make up a 80/90 plus. I am trying to change the subject. regards coles1933

If you are going to switch subjects, please start a new dedicated post. It will help later on when folk search subject titles to determining post content.

Thanks,
-Doug

Offline coles1933

« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2012 at 07:31 »
Doug. Sorry I didnt realise we could not change subjects but with so many completely unrelated replies, what to do next is not easy.
 Why when senior members of the club reply does it always go completely away from the subject The last two replies here from Eddie and Roy just dont seem relevant to me.  Im out of this one it is not going anywhere   coles1933

Offline Killipso

• Fly Fishers' Republic
« Reply #26 on: 01 Mar 2012 at 07:53 »
There is a plan to place the spares list(s) on the LDMCC website (currently being redeveloped). There the list(s) will be available in an LDMCC members only section. This will take place in the next few months - sorry I can't be more specific in terms of time scale. Notification will be made in the LDMCC New Conrod and hopefully here when the time arrives.

Offline Killipso

• Fly Fishers' Republic
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jul 2012 at 08:50 »
The time has arrived as you may have already realised. The lists available are not price lists however...