Author Topic: flywheel nutz  (Read 2657 times)

Offline kev

flywheel nutz
« on: 06 May 2016 at 13:37 »

flywheel knut

looks like I have to make the flywheel nut..   basically the design showing    my dog washer, the one with ears... has the flange on the outside and out mostly broken off ...if I make my nut bigger, even just the first 1/2 inch......may make up for that  are the dimension close enough...esp the bottom face to flange
obviously the hex will be big enough to get a good grip on
I also have to make the pressed parts that hold the springs inside and out..  either a die and press them or turn from solid stuff

the other urgent question....my oil pump plunger...the little ball inside...mine is stuck above the threaded hole for the acting pin...as if it is hanging up on the threads..
is the ball supposed to seat at the bottom of the plunger??  is this part serviceable in any way??
thanks

Offline kev

Re: flywheel nutz
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2016 at 10:53 »

the nut...reread my post...  can anybody confirm the sizes ...that's what I meant with the drawing

I have some faint lathe marks...like threads in the flywheel nut hole...  the nut for the flywheel...is it one piece as I have drawn it??

Offline kev

« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2016 at 11:11 »
ahhhhhh  looks like I have this flywheel completely wrong..

looks like the nut is 2 pieces ..  its the only part so far I cant find any picture of...sizes would be nice as well

Offline carl denton

« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2016 at 12:29 »
hi

what bike is it going on to , I might be able to help then ????

yours carl

Offline kev

« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2016 at 13:16 »
CARL

thanks for the response

a quick reread..and find more details that I haven't entered..

its a1926 EW...  I finally did find a picture of the nut....  now I know the shape..  and that it is 2 parts...the nut and the outer bit that catches the springs..