Author Topic: Fuel leak 1923 2.3/4  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Andy Palmer

Fuel leak 1923 2.3/4
« on: 22 Apr 2016 at 13:49 »
I have my uncles old 1923 2.3/4 the fuel priming pump and carb leak fuel every time I try to use it. I am new to the bike although in good condition I am struggling to sort the issue out.

The bike starts and runs but accelerates and cuts out??

I live in kingswood Bristol and looking for some knowledge and help to get the bike going so I can use it. I am willing to pay for any repairs and help

Offline steveale

Re: Fuel leak 1923 2.3/4
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2016 at 13:59 »
Not sure the carb setup on '23.  On my '13, I was experiencing "cutting out" at riding speeds.  During that time I thought I might have a fuel flow issue so during running I reached down to depress the tickler to make sure the float bowl was staying full. (that is when I saw my trowser leg was being sucked up to the inlet).  I added a mushroom cap over the air inlet and my problem was solved very simply.

"cutting out" can be more than fuel.  It could be timing or other issues.  Verify your fuel and air items first, then go chasing more complicated causes.  There are a number of knowledgable folks on here, keep troubleshooting and posting results of each series of test.  You'll be to the answer before you know it....